Chapter 8- Bittersweet Aftermath

You can listen to the song while reading this!:)

                                 -------------------------------------------------------

I was in the car with Ethan driving and we were on our way to Centennial Olympic Park. So far it was not yet raining here in Atlanta so it was a good thing. I kind of hate the rain because the loud sound of it scared me sometimes. It was really weird. Ethan took a quick glance at me. "You alright?" he asked. I looked at him and he seemed so nervous. But nervous about what? "Of course, why wouldn't I be?" I looked away and stared at the window. I loved the view outside because there were so many trees everywhere.

We moved here in Atlanta when I was about eight. We left Covington because my parents wanted to live in another place here in Georgia. I really loved it here because I felt at home, like this is where I was born.

"I'm just making sure."

I looked at him and saw that he was grinning. Okay so now I was confused. At first he looked so nervous and now, he looked so happy.

"You seem... very happy," I told him.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" he mimicked, his eyes focused on the road.

I laughed at his response. "Whatever."

We didn't speak for a while, instead I just listened to the radio while he drove and the silence wasn't awkward at all. It was just a normal, comfortable silence so it's fine. I stared at him a little longer and I didn't know what to say. This past few days felt like hell but whenever I'm around with him, I felt like so confident and very happy that I could almost forget everything that's happening. But he was just a friend though. It is always him, always Jer. But I decided to forget about him for just one day and enjoy Ethan's company. All that matters today was that I'm going to have fun.

Ethan and I were finally there so he parked the car at the nearest parking lot and we walked, heading to the park. As we walked, I could almost see the people walked and having fun, the children ran around the park. The place was very wonderful. I went here all the time by myself and I would just sit there and watch the fountain. One time, Jer and I went here all by ourselves and we would run around the fountain then we would be going back to our own houses dripping wet. Oh God I had  to stop thinking about him just today!

"To be honest, this is my first time going here. I've been here in Atlanta for years but I haven't been in this park. The reason I wanted to go here with you is because I want you to show me around."

He observed the entire place and gazed in awe. Who wouldn't be amazed? With those green trees and grass, relaxing atmosphere, and amazing fountain, surely you would want to stay in this place all the time. I would be happy to show him around the park since this is my favorite place. Whenever I go here, it feels so peaceful like there was nothing to worry about. "This is where I go whenever I have problems. This place calms me every time. All of my worries are washing away when I am here," I paused. "And I would be happy to show you around."

"It really is a nice place. I see myself in the future going here with you often," he smiled. I would be lying if I didn't feel butterflies in my stomach. I was so confused. But why? I guess it was because Ethan is the first guy to say sweet things like that even if it was just in a friendly way. "Uh, let's sit on the grass," I awkwardly said.

He shrugged. "Sure."

Ethan and I sat on the grass and did not talk for a while. We just admired the beautiful scenery. "Can I ask you something?" I broke the silence. He looked at me and nodded. "Yeah. What is it?"