three.

three.

by the middle of the day calums nike roshes had vanished. he sat in the boys bathroom balling his eyes out because he was so stupid to leave his bag unattended for as little as two minutes while he retrieved a workbook from the front of the classroom during third period. he wasn't feeling very good anyway, and the stress of losing the shoes only made the swirling in his stomach increase by one hundred percent. he wanted to vomit, but he knew he couldn't. the bathroom already smelled like an awful mix of urine and other bodily fluids and he didn't want to add another round of vomit to the mix.

instead he just sat in the bathroom for the remainder of school, ignoring the school bells and the numerous students who entered and then soon left the bathroom, completely ignoring the sobbing boy in the second to last cubicle. some days calum wished someone would notice him and ask if he was alright, even just sit with him for a few minutes and listen to his problems.

calum knew nobody would ever want to sit with him and talk to him in a bathroom, let alone out in the open. people acted like calum didn't even exist and sometimes calum believed that he didn't exist either. he was just another person to fill the gap in the back of the classroom, another person to answer the questions when no one else wanted to, another person to boost the schools academic statistics. to everyone in his school calum didn't seem to exist. he was a loner.