CHAPTER 16

BTS Butterfly is a suitable track for this chapter so I included the link here~ Enjoy!

============================================================================

[Sungjae's POV]

That was just wrong.

It is so dumb to leave her like that. At a bus stop.

I should have known better. Who cares if I had to walk 200000km back home?!

I shifted uncomfortably against the leather car seat of Jackson's car as I noticed dark clouds marching in the sky. She really hates cold weathers~

"Hey man, don't ruin the leather seats! They are new!" warned Jackson. "It's my dad's!" I hear, Jackson's irritating voice ringing in my ears.

I have to do something about this.

"Jackson, pull over." I ordered him.

"What?! Over that tiny detail about the car seats?" Jackson said, alarmed by my rough tone.

"Just pull over!" I shouted.

"Ok, whatever you say dude, chill~" he muttered as he slowed down his black Porsche car and pulls it to a stop by the road side.

I unlocked the car door and ran out, slamming the door shut in the process. I have to get to her immediately.

"DUDE! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" Jackson shouted after me.

"Don't care about me! Just go home!" I said whilst waving at him a quick goodbye.

I ran.

I ran as fast as my thin and feeble legs would take me.

Along the streets, past shops decorated in Christmas lights and ornaments. She would love to walk along these streets and gaze at these beautiful decorations~ Christmas spirit and stuff she would go on and on about.

I tripped and fell on my knees as I thought about that. I even grazed it a little due to the pebble pavement. I winced at the sight of the red liquid oozing out of the cuts on my fair skin. 

But I don't give a damn about that.

I just kept running.

And running.

***

"Yah! Aren't you that new kid in this area, eh?"

A tall guy with piercings on every inch of his body stood, towering over me as he looked down on me. His fellow 'dogs', 5 of them surrounded me, ensuring that I have no way of escaping. He was observing me. Every single thing I wore and owned, in that exact moment.

My leather bagpack.

My expensive wristwatch.

My designer-labelled headphones.

He pulled me close to him and growled in my ear. I winced at his stinking cigarette and alcohol breath, "Tell you what kid. Since you are new, I'll introduce you to the rules in this area. Here, I'm THE BOSS. Now, I don't want to hurt you, kid. Just hand over those stuff you own, and you are free to go. BUT! If we need you, you should come to us as you are told, Understand?"