Chapter 34

Chapter 34
Rose
I lied in nothing but Patrick's ratty dark moss shirt as he lied next to me in sweat pants. He wasn't shy about hiding his scars anymore which made me smile as I appeared upon them. They were such a turn on.
"So what was school like for you?" I asked him.
"Boring."
"Boring?"
"Yeah."
"Of course it was for you. I bet you were a goody two shoes."
"I was not."
"Oh yeah, what was the baddest thing you ever did at school?" I asked provoking him.
He was quiet as he thought.
He turned on his side to look at me.
"Okay, so we had this old bat as an English teacher. And me and my friends thought we should teach her a lesson. So we put a sink bomb under her chair. You couldn't go into that room for a month."
I laughed, "Did you get caught?"
"Amazingly no. What was your baddest thing?"
"Well I had this history test that I hadn't steadied for. So I went down to the basement, set off the fire sprinkler and pulled the fire alarm. We got the whole day off."
"Did you have to do the test?"
I nodded, "yeah, I barely passed."
He laughed.
"What were your friends like?" I asked.
He shrugged, "probably what you would described snobby. They didn't mind the fact that girls would sleep with them for their money."
"But you did."
He bit his lip, "at first I thought it was kind of cool but then I realized it's the money they want, not me."
I knew how that felt.
"What about you? What were your friends like?"
"I didn't have friends."
"Shocking."
I laughed, "Everyone thought I was weird. I read, did weird things. But there was this one girl, Chloe Herbit. She was one of those girls that sat at the front of the class. She came up to me one day, with her group of friends and everything. Knocked my book out of my hands and called me weird. So I hit her."
"You didn't," he chuckled.
"You bet your ass I did. I mean I had to see the school councillor for like, a term but it was totally worth it."
"I bet it was."
There was a small break as I thought of a question.
"What was your favourite Christmas?" I asked.
He sighed, "I was fifteen and Adelaide was three. We sneaked out on Christmas Eve to look at all these presents under the tree. We both took one present and sneaked up to my room and opened them."
"Oo sneaky. What were they?"
"Mine was an iPhone and Adelaide got this doll thing. She was so excited that I couldn't even get her out of my room. So she slept with me."
I smiled at his happy memory. He seemed to have so many bad ones about Adelaide that it was nice to hear a good one.
"What's your favourite Christmas memory?"
"Oh that's easy. Dad had tried so hard to cook this chicken. He had this big thing about how this Christmas was going to be special. But he over cooked the chicken. So instead we had toasted cheese sandwiches on the roof of our apartment and watched the fireworks. It was amazing."
"Do you miss your mother?" He asked.
The question took me so off guard that I stumbled for words.
"How can you miss something you never had? Dad pretty much got rid of everything that was hers when she died. He said that it was too hard for him. But he couldn't throw away their wedding photo. He gave it to me when he had caught me looking at it for the seventh time. I still have it."
"How did they get together?"
I shrugged, "They met in a bar or something. Fell in love, crap like that. Then Mum got pregnant. Dad said that both their parents disowned them and they were forced to go on it by themselves. He said that it was hard but they got by."
He smiled as if he was proud to know the story of how I got here.
"What about your parents?"
He shrugged, "met at a ball I think. Love at first sight, Dad had said. Both families were happy with the match but I guess there was always something that my grandparents hated about my father."
"Are your grandparents still alive?"
"My Mother's are but my father's aren't. They died not long after I was born."
We paused again.
"Did your father ever get in touch with your grandparents?"
I shook my head, "not that I know of. As far as I was concerned they didn't want anything to do with me."
"I'm sure that's not true."
"Oh really, I'm the reason they got shut out. Because of the disgrace a bastard child would bring to the family."
"A child should never take the blame of something the parents did."
"Easy for you to say, everybody wanted you. You're the heir."
He scoffed, "right."
"Don't deny it. You were always going to happen."
"Maybe."
He turned on his back putting his hands behind his head.
"What does that mean?" I asked.
He sighed, "Well what if I was a girl. Deep down I know I wouldn't have been wanted."
"Would you still be the heir?"
He nodded, "yeah. Father always wanted a son though. And we weren't that close to start off with."
"Were you close with your Mum?"
He nodded, "yeah."
"Well as close as you can be with a parent when you have a nanny."
"I didn't have a nanny."
My eyes went wide.
"What! Your rich and you didn't have a nanny?"
"Mother wanted to be a hands on Ma."
"Come on, she couldn't have done it on her own," I said in disbelief.
"Okay so she had both my grandparents to help but it's a big house."
"Sure sure."
"Did your father have help?" He asked.
"That's different."
"How?"
"Single parent. There was an old lady that lived on the floor above us. She would look after me. But I don't remember her really."
"Why not?"
"Because when I was three we moved."
"Then who looked after you when your father was away."
"Nobody."
"You were three and you were left alone."
"Yeah," I couldn't see the deal with being left alone like he did.
"No wonder you're so independent."
I frowned, "what?"
"Well how many people would move countries without planning a year before hand?"
"Not many I suppose."
"Exactly. I couldn't go out of my room for five years let alone around the world."
"But you had something keeping you in and I had something chasing me away."
"And we both ended up here."
I sighed, "I've always wanted to travel."
He turned on his side to face me, letting his fingers dance on my shoulder.
"Where?"
"Everywhere, Europe, Asia, Australia."
"We'll go anywhere you went to go."
My heart melted at the word we'll. Could he really see a future with me?
"Where to first?" I asked.
"Well we will go to Paris. Climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Then maybe to Egypt. See the Pyramids. Venice, ride gondola then see the leaning tower of Piza. Then go Australia see Uluru, the Great Barra Reef, climb the Harbor Bridge."
"That sounds amazing."
"We can go anywhere."
As much as I wanted to do all those things, there was one placed I wanted to stay.
"We can do all those things on one condition."
"Name it."
"We come back to Pinecone Manner."
A smile appeared on his face as he cupped the back of my neck bringing me to his lips. Other senses kicked in. I rolled on top of him feeling his hands move up my thighs, over my black silk to my back. His hot lips kissed my neck sending sparks all through my body. Then I felt a tingle. I squealed as Patrick trickled me.
"Patrick!" I screamed over his laughter.
"Stop!"
"Beg!" He had to yell over my screaming.
"I'm begging you to stop!"
He kept going.
"Patrick!"
"Okay."
He stopped. It took five minutes to catch my breath.
"You're evil."
"It's not my fault you can't resist my tricks."
"It is your fault," I said playfully hitting him, "you shouldn't use your powers for evil."
"Then neither can you."
"What do you mean?"
"You can't use your power to make me lose control."
I smiled to match his, "I'm sorry. I mostly don't realize I'm using them."
"Mostly?"
"Yes," I pushed him off me and shifted my body onto his, "But I have to admit, this is a good look on you."
"What look?"
I answered his question by kissing down his scars. I heard him let out a breath of air as he whispered, "Rose."
God I loved the sound of my name rolling off his lips. I kissed my way up again feeling his body come alive beneath me.
"How will we ever get enough of this?" he moaned.
I smiled and cocked my head to the side, "We will just have to do it more."
"I think I can agree to that?"
We giggled again as he brought his lips to mine.