Chapter 64

Chapter 64
Rose
The next couple of weeks went by so fast.
I could get all my jobs done more quickly meaning I had more time to spend with Patrick. Patrick was working on a business proposition that could change the way he ran the estate. He said that if he rented a quarter of the estate to farmers, and if each plot grew or ran a different thing, such as corn, wheat, cows and sheep. And that produce was sold locally, it would support the local shops, the local homes, the farmers and the rent payed from the farmer would support the house. Of course, I didn't understand it but he was excited.
Jenson also was excited about something. He would walk around whistling to himself. 
It was a nice to see everything falling into place.

Chapter 65
Jenson
I was doing my usual walk around the house of the morning, seeing what needs to be done. Patrick had left early this morning with a meeting with the farmers and Rose was still asleep.
As I got to the bottom of the stairs, there was a knock on the door. I frowned.
I headed towards the door. When I opened it, I saw a man with hair as black as night. He wore jeans and a red t-shirt that made his muscles seem bigger than they were. Everything about his features was harsh. Sharp cheekbone, hard jaw and cold eyes.
"Can I help you?" I asked not meaning for my British accent to be more noticeable.
"Yeah, is Rose about," I nearly shivered at the sound of his American accent. His voice as was stone to the core.  I fault every urge to say sorry nobody by Rose lives here. But reason won over and I called.
"Rose!"
"I'm coming, sorry Jenson!" I turned and saw her running down the stairs pulling on a blue shirt over her black singlet.
"Patrick forgot to..." She trailed off when she spotted the gentleman.
"What the hell are you doing here?" She snapped storming towards the door. You couldn't miss the grin that had spread across his face.
"I need to talk to you, Rose. It's important."
"I don't want to hear a thing that comes out of your mouth. Go home Kobey."
"But -." She closed the door in his face. She turned to me.
"Jenson if you let that man in this house, I will cut off your balls and feed them to Curious."
I stood back, eyes wide with the threat. She stormed down the hall to the servants' quarters' door. Though her strides were strong, I could see the fear in her eyes. Which made me nervous to my bones.

Patrick
The meeting had gone great. I had never been so pleased. The farmers were totally on board with the plan.
I walked up the dirt road to the mansion. I stopped dead when I spotted the guy sitting on the marble steps of the house.
I frowned, "can I help you?"
I didn't mean for my voice to sound so bitter, but I wasn't use to strange guys at the front of my house.
His grin grew on the side of his face showing off his teeth.
"No, she knows I'm here," his voice made my heart pound and my muscles tighten.
"By she you mean Rose?" I asked.
"Yeah."
I stood still wondering why this guy would want Rose. His accent was defiantly American. The thought of who it could be floated through my mind but I quickly shook it away.
"Do you work here?" He asked nudging his head to the side.
"I own it," I snapped surprising myself.
"The whole place?"
"Yes," I said as if I was talking to a child.
"Wow."
I sighed. God Americans are stupid. I headed towards the side of the house.
"Wait!" He called. I heard his feet crushing the gravel, running after me.
"What?" I asked growing annoyed with this guy.
"Do you think you can get me in there?"
I frowned at his question.
"Look, if Rose wanted to see you she would have let you in."
I turned to go but he took my arm. I flinch and his eyes grew wide as if he had only just noticed my scars. He let go of me and took a step back.
"I won't take no for an answer," he warned.
I sighed and rubbed my temple.
"Fine."
I turned back towards the front door with him following me. I opened the door and led him to the library. He followed me in looking around the light room.
"Stay in here and don't move. All touch anything," I told him.
He flopped on the lounge as if he owned it making me want to hit something. I stifled a groaned and headed out of the room shutting the door behind me, just as Rose came down the stairs.
"Hey," she said in a light tone.
"Hey, there's someone in the library for you," I told her as I went to meet her at the bottom of the stairs.
She frown, "for me," she stopped. When she turned to me, her eyes were wide.
"No, no, no," she ran down the stairs to meet me, "oh God, please tell me you didn't let the guy that was out the front in."
I froze.
"Oh no, no, no."
"Rose, I'm sorry, I -."
"What does he want?" She butted in.
"He wants to talk to you," I answered.
"Oh no, oh God. Please tell me you didn't tell him that we were together."
I frowned, "no."
"Oh thank God. Promise me you won't tell him."
I frowned again, "okay."
She paced in front of me and waved her hands about as if they were fans. I connected the dots.
"He's Kobey, isn't he?" I asked. She froze.
"Why do you think I wouldn't let him in the house?"
My stomach sunk as I realized how stupid I was.
"Why do you think he's here?" I asked.
"I don't know, probably to make my life miserable."
"Rose, I don't think -."
"No, don't you dare say I'm over reacting," she snapped.
"Fine, but he's waiting for you in the library."