Chapter 78

Chapter 78
Rose
"Oh God, stay with me, Patrick!" I screamed. Tears filled my eyes making it hard to see things. I pressed my hands around the knife keeping pressure on the spot.
I heard Marcus groaned, I turned around to see Jenson pinning him against the wall as he tired a rope around his hands.
"If he dies, I'll hold you responsible," Jenson growled. I didn't even recognize his voice. Marcus dropped to the ground, his face filled with dread.
"Was it just him?" Jenson asked me.
I froze not being able to speak.
"Rose, was it just him?" He asked more slowly.
I shook my head, "no, there's two more knocked out in the gallery."
He nodded taking another piece of rope and the rope that had been around Patrick.
I ignored Jeremy Fisher's body that lied next to me and tried to calm my thoughts.
"You can't die Patrick," I cried running my shaky fingers through his hair, "remember what we had planned. Children. A little Easter or a little Lucas." I pressed harder feeling the warmth of blood at my hand.
"Oh God, I can't live without you, Patrick," I cried.
His head flopped to the side and his body start to go limp as he faded away.
"Jenson!" I screamed, "I need you!"

I was a zombie. I looked at a spot on a leno floor of the hospital, with my arms wrapped around me. I couldn't look at my hands because of the blood and I knew my face was puffy and red from crying.
Zoey got here an hour after we did. Jenson had called her, thinking I would need a friend right now. I just needed Patrick.
I rocked on the ball of my heel trying to work out how we got to this place. I remembered Marcus holding me back as I struggled against the rope. I remembered screaming and screaming no, over and over again. When Jenson burst through the door, I didn't know what to think. Then I saw the knife in Patrick's side...
"Charlie!" My head shot up to a female's voice calling after Jenson. Her voice was sweet, and her blue eyes shined. Jenson's face seemed to light up when he saw.
"I heard what happened, I'm so sorry. I know how much that boy means to you," I frowned as they hugged. Who the hell was this woman and why hasn't Jenson told me about her? Her pale pink sweater and jeans made her seem tall and thin. Her hair was blonde apart from a few greys and curled at her shoulders. Their voices were muffled as they talked. But I heard as clear as day, her say, "can I meet her."
"Of course."
They turned and walked slowly towards me.
She tilted her head to the side and half hid behind Jenson.
"Hi," she said quietly.
I cracked a smile and then turn my head away feeling wrong.
"Rose, this is Alice," my head shot up and my eyes went wide.
"The Alice?"
Alice giggle as if she was nervous, "So Charlie told you about me?"
"Yeah," I frowned looking between the two, "he said that you left town, like five years ago. W-why?" I stuttered looking to Alice, then Jenson then back to Alice."
"It's a long story," she said quickly.
"But she's back."
"And staying."
"And I hope you're happy for us."
I frowned confused. Were they asking for my blessing?
I opened my mouth then closed it again. I stood on shaky legs and took Jenson in my arms. I nodded against his chest and mumbled, "Yes, of course."
I pulled back and wiped a tear that had escaped my eyes.
I sniffed, "I'm really happy for you guys. And it's good because, Patrick has given you a part of the estate."
Both their eyes went wide and Jenson's mouth dropped.
"Why would he do that?" he asked.
I through my hands in the air as my tears started to fall.
"Because it's an amazing person," the tears were uncontrollable. I shook in Jenson's arms has he tried to comfort me.
"It's okay, everything's going to be okay."

Chapter 79
Jenson
If only I had been there. Could I have stopped this? Could I have saved him? Could I have help them? Would they still live happily ever after?
Patrick lied asleep with a tube in his noise and a tube in his arm. After the operation Patrick stayed at the hospital for three days but now was at home. Alice had been staying at the mansion. She'd been looking after the house when Rose and I were down at the hospital and doing jobs when I was to focus on Rose.
Doctor Baker packed up his equipment in the dark room. Rose slid into the bed next to Patrick not bothering to get under the covers. I gave her a concern look but she had buried her head in Patrick's shoulder.
I walked Doctor Baker out of the room and shut the door so Rose wouldn't hear.
I rubbed the back of my neck, asking, "How is he?"
He shifted his glasses, "He's doing well after the operation. Just keep an eye on him."
On both of them.
"When will he wake up?" I asked.
He froze and sighed, "That's the hard part, I can't tell you. Only Lord Patrick knows when he's ready to wake up."
Silence fell between us as I realized our reality. He might never wake up. The Doctor left me there, with my realisation. Has Rose realized that? Oh God, what if she hadn't realized that?
I tilted my head looking at the two of them. If it wasn't for the tubes or Patrick's paleness, they looked like they were sleeping.
"I'm not leaving him," Rose said showing her head from behind Patrick's shoulder.
I nodded, "I know."
She raised an eyebrow, as if she didn't believe me.
"What did the doctor say?" She asked.
I exhaled, "he's recovering, that's the main thing."
"Anything about when he will wake up?" She asked.
I shook up head, "I didn't asked."
She nodded accepting my answer.
"Has the police spoken to you?" She asked. I nodded remembering the phone call.
"They want a statement from me and ask me I few questions," I paused, "they want you to come to."
She stayed quiet, biting her lip.
"Rose?" I asked cautious.
She sighed, "I know that I should, you know, make sure all the guys that worked for him go to jail, but..." She trailed off.
"If you're not ready, that's fine."
She nodded. Her face went blank as if she was in another place.
"Rose, how about we go down and have a cup of tea?" I suggested, hoping she would come easy.
She shook her head, "no, no. I-I want to be here when he wakes up."
My gaze landed on Patrick's sleeping body.
"I know you do, but there's nothing you can do for him now. Please come."
I offered out my hand hoping she would take it. I was surprised when she did. I helped her up and leaned her against my body for support. I couldn't help but think that I was dealing with another depressed child.
Oh God Patrick, please wake up.