Drabble #3 - Jikook slight angst

Hey Mr.Airplane

JUNGKOOK POV

I heard the sound of mr. airplane.

He's leaving again.

Inside him are people leaving someone they met somewhere in this town.

Maybe it's their family.
Maybe it's their friend.
Maybe it's their classmate.

Maybe it's someone they love.

I frowned at that thought and continued drinking my coffee.

I looked up to see Mr.Airplane flying up in the sky.

He took people again to bring them to another place while someone is missing those people he took.

I used to love airplanes. I used to love them with you.

Though you love airplanes more than me. Sometimes I would get jealous.

I'm right here beside you but you're looking at something else.

The sky.

The sky where aiplanes fly.

You used to watch airplanes fly beside me with your dazzling eyes filled with excitement.

I used to admire airplanes alongside with you.

Those times are still clear to me.

------

"Someday I'm going to ride mr.Airplane and fly!" I remember the 8 year old you say that to me. I was 6 years old back then.

Too innocent to know what I am feeling for you.

"Then I'll watch hyung from here." I replied as I close the book that I'm reading.

While I am holding a book, you were holding your airplane toy.

We were completely opposite. Sometimes I wonder how we click. But it doesn't matter anymore. I'm just thankful we did.

------

10 years have passed and now I'm at my last year of Senior High. Supposed to be you're at college by now but it looks like we'll graduate together.

You have a weak heart. So you stopped studying for 1 year to undergo some therapy.

You don't have just a weak heart. Your brain was pretty weak as well.

Though, I am thankful for that.

Because of that I was able to spend my senior high with you.

Again I am holding a book and you are holding your toy airplane. It's been 10 years but nothing changed.

"Hyung you better stop playing with that thing and start studying. We still have our science test tomorrow." I said as I closed my book.

I'm done studying while you haven't even started anything.

See. Complete opposites.

"Kookie how do you think will it feel like to ride an airplane?" You said as you stared at that little airplane in your hands.

"I don't know. You will feel free maybe? I'm pretty sure Mr.Airplane won't let you fall. Yah stop wondering about those things and start reading your textbook."

"Remember how I used to love flying?" finally you put that airplane down on the table. But still your eyes are on that. Not me.