Drabble #17 - Jikook Angst (p.s I love you guys really)

Alluring secret; Black Vow

"So how's today Taehyungssi?"

Taehyung turned his head to the owner of that voice. He smiled as he remembered Yoongi's achievement today and shared it with the older, "Yoongi did a great job today. He's able to speak his first word. It's not a good word though." Taehyung laughed softly.

The older nodded at Taehyung's report and motioned for the younger to take the seat beside which the latter obeyed. As soon as Taehyung sat, he started to speak, "I can see a spark of affection on your eyes as you speak about the other. I'm warning you Kim Taehyung, as his death angel you shouldn't feel any attachment to that boy."

Taehyung coughed at the mention of the word affection.

Death angels exist to take away lives, not appreciate them. Taehyung was pretty aware of that. That's how things have always been.

Taehyung looked down and replied to the older, "I know hyung. Isn't it pitiful? People foolishly believe that we are guardian angels watching over them. Little did they know that the wonderful creature they think is that death creature that they are afraid of. Watching over them and waiting for them to die." Taehyung sighed at the end.

"You make us sound so evil there. You should feel pity to your own kind too. We're not that heartless like the humans think. We also feel agony while taking the life of the soul that we have watched over the years." The older patted Taehyung's shoulder to console him. The latter held the older's hands and shove it away.

"But...hyung," Taehyung raised his head to face the older, "Why is it that every time you talk about having affection towards a human, every word you speak seems so real. It's like you've already experienced it."

"It's not me who experienced it. I once have a friend who did."

"What happened to him?" Taehyung moved closer to the older. His curiousity was caught by the older one's words about that friend.

The older one looked at Taehyung hesitantly but gave in to the younger one's request.

"The boy he was watching over turned 7 back then, when he felt it. When he felt that he had fallen for that human. He appeared in front of the boy in his angel form. That was his first mistake. Appearing to the boy and spending time with him was the moment he opened the Pandora's box." Namjoon let out a deep sigh at the memory. 

Namjoon looked at Taehyung again, being hesitant whether he should continue or not. But Taehyung seems really interested so he took a deep breath and started his storytelling.

Jimin lost his wings when Jungkook was 20 years old.

The age where he was supposed to lose his life.

"But don't you think he's too young to die? I mean, he's a talented and smart kid. His future is bright! So why would-"

"Jimin you shouldn't worry about that thing. That is that boy's misery, not yours." Namjoon shook his head. He held Jimin's shoulder and slight shook him. "Jimin. You're his death angel, not his fairy godfather. Keep that in mind."

Jimin shoved Namjoon's hand away and let out a deep sigh. He looked at Jungkook who is talking with his fiance. Jimin believes that Jungkook could live his life happily. That there is a bright life for this kid.