Drabble#21 - Jikook melodrama

Jimin rushed to the hospital after receiving a phone call from Hoseok.
His hyung told him over the phone that Jungkook was brought to the emergency room.

It turns out that Jungkook tried to kill himself again. Jimin asked for the room number where Jungkook was confined at and ran his way towards there. Jimin looked at Jungkook who was lying at the hospital bed, sleeping peacefully like an angel.

Luckily, Jungkook was brought to the hospital just immediately so the boy was able to survive. According to the doctor, Jungkook consumed too much sleeping pills but since he received treatment already, it will just take a few hours before the boy regains his conciousness.

The pills that Jungkook used to do his suicide this time was actually Tae's but Jungkook tricked his hyung and shit happened. Taehyung felt guilty and apologized to Jimin repeatedly so he had to answer "It's okay" again and again. The gang bid goodbye and Jimin was left alone with the unconcious Jungkook.

It was 1AM in the morning when Jimin felt Jungkook's hand move (he is holding the younger's hand through out the night and never did once let go of it.)

Jimin sat up properly and when he saw Jungkook's eyes open slowly, tears started rolling on his cheeks. It was tears of joy. He was more than happy to see his boyfriend alive. The euphoria made him forget to inform Jungkook's awakening to the nurses or the doctor. He leaned unto Jungkook and let his free hand caress his beloved's face. Jimin looked at Jungkook's eyes and felt a bit disappointed to see that the glow in the younger eyes' still haven't returned. Jungkook's eyes looks rather dull and exhausted from everything. But Jimin didn't mention it and instead showered Jungkook with all the love that he deserves. Jungkook used to be a happy person; someone whose existence is made from positiveness .

That was before his life became a mess.

Jungkook's parents got divorced. His mom ran away with a another man. He was left to his dad who didn't even give a damn about him ever since he was born. Jungkook would always get beaten up from his drunkard father after coming home from school. Jimin's face would always crumple everytime he sees a new bruise and wound on his boyfriend's face or body when they meet in school. The two of them talked about it and settled on an agreement; Jungkook will leave that house and start living with Jimin. The older was living alone at a condominium nearby their school so it was pretty convenient. Jimin thought that would solve everything but he was wrong.

Moving out didn't cure the big crack on his boyfriend's heart and mind.

Jungkook changed.

Jimin was a witness to that change. He saw how all of these happened with his own naked eyes. Jimin sees through Jungkook's fake ass smile and forced laughter. But he didnt mention.

Love can bring his old cheerful boyfriend back. That was what he thought. So everyday he kept on praising his lover, told him how precious and wonderful he is every night before the two of them go to sleep, shower Jungkook with morning kisses and hugs, whisper I love yous to Jungkook's ear everytime he had the chance to, he turned into a sweet and cheesy person that he never imagined.

But even Jimin started to grow tired and is slowly reaching his limits.

This is Jungkook third attempt of suicide. Jimin was so close on giving up. But his love for the younger was greater. So he shoved everything away on his mind and endured all the pain to pick up the broken pieces of Jungkook and put them back together.

Jimin fiddled with Jungkook's hands as the younger rest on the hospital bed.

"I failed again." Jungkook broke the silence between them and finally spoke with disappointment on his tone.

It made Jimin pause for a minute. "Glad you did." He said and continued with what he was doing earlier.

"I'd rather die that live without passion"

"I know that's your fucking motto."

"Why dont you let me die then? I dont have any dreams to keep me going forward. I'm basically a living corpse so why don't you let me die completely?"

That gave a pang of pain to Jimin's heart.

He stopped playing with Jungkook's hand and looked at him in the eye. "You have. You just forgot about it idiot." He tried his best to keep his voice from trembling.

"Then can you remind of those dreams?" Jungkook quirked an eyebrow and looked straight at Jimin.

Jimin cleared his throat before speaking, "You said we'll go to Busan together one day and spend our day at the beach swimming,collecting sea shells, kiss sweetly with the sunset as our witness. You said you wanted to marry me and give me your last name. Live a simple yet a happy life with a daugther."

Jungkook laughed softly and Jimin almost jumped out of seat because of finally, he heard a sincere laugh from the younger again. It may be just a soft one but it was a big achievement for Jimin.

"Those are your dreams hyung." Jungkook said.

"Yeah," Jimin intertwined his fingers with Jungkook's and held the latter's hand tightly. "I'm giving them to you now."

Jungkook's face became blank.

"If you'll give all of those to me then what will be left for you?"

Jimin smiled at the younger warmly, "My dream is to see you and keep you alive Jungkookie. Unfortunately, everytime you fail it means I'm one step closer on achieving my dream."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. He looked a bit annoyed but still he didn't pull away his hand from the older. "Stupid Jiminie." Jungkook said that in a very low tone but still Jimin heard it.

Jimin just laughed and find this side of Jungkook, sulking like a spoiled brat, cute. "I know. Everyone becomes a fool when they love"

"Stupid. Idiot. I hate you." Jungkook turned away from Jimin, their fingers still intertwined.

"I love you." That was Jimin's only response.

"..."

Jungkook silence was another way of saying "I love you too" for Jimin so he smiled and planted a kiss on Jungkook's hand.

"I love you the most and I wouldn't let you die Jungkookie." Jimin got up and pressed his soft lips against Jungkook's forehead. This made Jungkook's heart skip a beat.

Hopefully, one day Jimin's warm love would be able to melt Jungkook's frozen heart. Jimin won't give up until that day comes.