Did You Forget?

For Nique_babii I love you and enjoy😘

XXXXXXX

Sweaty palms gripped the bouquet of flowers while his shoe tapped against the cement of their porch out anxiety. He had a reason to be nervous. It was crazy how he had toured all around the world, performing on stages in front of people who probably couldn't even pronounce his name right, but he was so nervous to be face to face with this girl.

But she wasn't just any girl to him. It's not like they were together but she would always hold his heart because she was his first love. That's not something you can just forget about and throw away. Although he tried. Not because he had stopped loving her (he couldn't if he tried), but because he knew that she would never want to see him again. He had been in love with her since he was fourteen and vice verse.

He knocked on the door three times. Her mother already knew that he was coming to visit. They were going to be here for almost a week and he knew he had to see her. He told his brother to stay at the hotel and wait for him so they could visit their mother together. While waiting for the door to swing open, he wiped his sweaty hands on his khaki shorts. Gross, but couldn't you blame him? He was do nervous.

The brown door swung open, revealing her mother. She was much shorter than him and just seeing her face made him want to cry. She had always treated him and his brother like they were her kids, feeding them, buying them clothes, taking them swimming in the summertime. She was like a second mom.

"Oh my god Khalif, you've gotten so big!" She wrapped her arms around him immediately, and his anxiousness went away. She was so warm and small and reminded him of home.

"It's good to see you to, mom dukes." She laughed as he put his head on her shoulder. He'd been calling her that for as long as she could remember. The nickname used to irritate her but now she's grown fond of it. They pulled away from the hug slowly and she gave him a warm smile.

"She's in the kitchen." Khalif nodded his head, sighing as he slowly made his way into the house. She followed behind him as the made a left and was standing in the entry way of the kitchen. There she was, looking more beautiful then he had left her. Her long, think hair was pulled to the top of her head in a bun and she wore a simple sweatshirt and jeans but still looked amazing.

She was laughing with her cousins, who were all pulled around the table, eating breakfast.

She turned her head and boom, it was like magic. Her face turned into complete and utter shock. His heart was pounding in his chest. Her piercing eyes stared at him, her movements coming to a halt.

"Hi Omunique." He used to be so used to saying that name, now it almost felt foreign to him. Something he should be ashamed of. Out of nowhere, a fork was flying through the air and aiming straight for his face. Somehow he caught and he looked at Omunique with wide eyes.

"Get out. Get out now." She demanded while pointing to the door. Khalif dropped the fork on the floor, along with the flowers.

"Nique-" he started but was immediately cut off by her.

"Don't call me that." She spat out. He had never heard her talk like that to anyone, especially not her first love, which was him. She was such a sweet and kind person, but he left maybe over a year ago leaving that time unaccounted for, and she's not particularly fond of things unaccounted for.

He sighed. "Omunique, I know you probably hate me and that I'm the last person that you wanted to see, but I just came here to talk to you." He said before putting his hands up like he was surrendering. The room was silent, and mom dukes took this time to escort everyone out the kitchen and into the living room.

"Now you wanna talk? Well you've had plenty of time to do that. Seeing as how you just left, without any type of explanation and then months later I'm hearing your songs on the radio." He put his head down, fiddling with his fingers.

"We gave each other everything that night, including our virginity. That was the most sacred thing to me and you claim that you loved me but you didn't even say goodbye." The last part came out as whisper and tears floated in her eyes.

"I know I hurt you but I didn't know how to tell you. And I know something would've been better than nothing but I'm here now."

She let out a bitter laugh. "So you thought that you would just come here, say you're sorry, then we'd fuck and then everything would be back to normal?" He looked to the ground while shrugging.

"I didn't think that, but that would be really nice." Her face scrunched up in distaste.

"Aw go to hell." Then she marching up the stairs with Khalif quickly trailing behind her.

"Ok Omunique I'm sorry, I was just playing, c'mon you can't be that mad at me." He wrapped his arms around her from behind, making her movements come to a halt.

"Not after all those late night phone calls we used to have. Not after all those times we used to sit at the park and get high after midnight. Not after that night when you told me that you were scared to be loved and I told you that you didn't have to be scared with me, and you let me lay you down. Not after all that." He said so quietly but she heard everything he said.

She was still in love with Khalif, and she didn't thing that was ever going to changed. But she wished it could.

The tears rolled freely down her cheeks as she turned to face him. She grabbed his collar with force and brought his lips to hers. He didn't question it, just kissed her back with urgency and need. His hand grabbed her wrist while her hands were still bunched up in his collar. He slowly trailed his hands down her arms, to her waist, and finally to her ass where he thought they belonged.

She pulled away, even more tears falling down her cheeks.

"I hate you.....so much."

Khalif sighed, intertwining their hands. "No you don't."

"But I should. I should hate you so much."

He nodded. "I know. Look I'm bout to go visit my mom, I'm coming back tomorrow, ok? I promise I'm coming back." She gave him a look full of doubt, which he hated, but he couldn't really change it.

He kissed her forehead, patting his shorts pockets to make sure he has his keys.

"I'm coming back, ok?" She nodded reluctantly as he sighed walked down the stairs.

"Please come back."