Dark Times

For laysialovingyouu Hope you like.

It was raining, of course. But that didn't seem to have an affect on her. Of course the rain matched her mood; gloomy, and she wanted nothing else but to turn back around and go home. To never see his face again but she had to go get her things. She needed to move on, and that was a fact. At least that's what she thinks. Her mother told her the same thing, and she deserved better.

Pulling up to the beautiful house, she turned the engine off. The windshield wipers immediately stopped in their place and the rain poured down on her windows. She was already dripping from when she left out of her best friend's house to get into her car, and this would just make it worse. Sighing, she got out the car, only a jacket protecting her arms from the rain.

Once she reached the front porch, both of her hands immediately knocked at the big door. The rain had already seeped through her clothes and she would rather not become hypothermic, which could probably happen. Seeing as she doesn't have on the right kind of clothes for this weather.

She banged on the door this time, and it hurriedly swung open. He stood there, looking at her with his mouth slightly open. He analyzed her from head to top. Her clothes were a darker color, because of the rain and her usually curly hair was sticking to her face and her back with it's silk and dark tresses.

Her shirt was see through and her lips were raw and wet because the rain had gotten to them.

"Are you gonna let me in or just stand there and look dumb?" She asked with plenty of attitude in her voice. He hurriedly moved aside to let her in and once she stepped in, her jacket was on the floor. She was dripping on the carpet but she didn't care.

"Laysia." She turned around to her name being called. He didn't want to look at her eyes.

"I don't know how many times I have to say this, but I will until I make it clear to you. I love you, ok? You're the first girl I've ever said that to. And I know I messed up but I'm not perfect. Ok? I'm not made out of steel and you have to understand that sometimes I do dumb shit-"

She sighed. "Please, stop talking. I didn't come here to talk to you. I came here to get my shit, so that I can make it clear to you that I'm moving on." Her words broke his heart, but he was determined not to cry and stay strong, but he could feel his grip loosening.

"Please-" he stepped towards her, ready to wrap his arms around her small figure but she held a hand up to stop him. Her eyes didn't meet his, instead they stayed glued to the floor.

"I'll be out in fifteen minutes." She said before walking up the stairs to the main bedroom. It wasn't their bedroom anymore. He followed her obviously, not willing to watch her walk out of his life.

"Laysia just think about this for a second! We've been together since we were sixteen, don't you think if we weren't meant to be together it would've happened already?" He rambled as she grabbed her pink suitcase out the closet and threw it on the bed.

"Nope, that's why it's happening now." She said while grabbing all of her clothes from the closet.

He ran a hand through his dreads, feeling like he was about to have a panic attack. Everything was so fast but slow at the same time. It just blew his mind on how emotionless Laysia seemed. She cried her eyes out last night, but now it seemed like nothing mattered to her.

"I hate this." He muttered. "I hate what I've done to you." She sighed while carrying various pairs of shoes to the suitcase.

"Should've thought about that before." She said plainly. He huffed.

"Would you just stop! Please! What I did, it was messed up, I know. But that girl? She didn't mean anything to me, not like you do, ok? So you can hit me-" he took a big step toward her.

"-and you can hate me-" another step, he was now invading her personal space.

"-but I can't let you leave me." He said before wrapping his arms around her. She sighed, and put her head on his chest and let her arms wrap around his waist.

Tears rimmed her eyes, causing her to sniffle.

"I'm sorry," she said with a strained voice. "But you don't have a choice." She picked her head up to look at him. He stared down at her with his eyebrows furrowed.

"I love you, Swae. I have always loved you." She said while giving him a watery smile.

"Ok so stay with me then. Don't leave me, I'll love you with all my heart."

She shook her head. "I just can't love you anymore. I want you to move on from me, and be happy. And I gotta try and do the same, ok?" She stood on her tip toes, giving him multiple pecks on the lips before bringing his head down to her height and kissing his forehead.

He stood there, unresponsive. He couldn't believe that the girl he had been in love with since he was a junior in high school, was breaking up with him. She slowly pushed his arms from around her and the warmth disappeared from her body.

"Where is this coming from? Who did this to you?"

"What are you talking about?" She walked to the suitcase, zipping it up.

"You been talking to yo' mama again? You know she always filling your head up with these ideas." She sighed.

"Bye Swae." She began to roll her suitcase out the room and down the stairs. He immediately followed her.

"That's it isn't it? She filled up your head with these lies, and you believed her, even though we both know that you could never move on from me!"

Her feet froze by themselves. She slowly turned towards him.

"What did you just say to me?"

He chuckled darkly. "Don't act like you don't know, Laysia. You walkin' around here like you know everything, well answer this for me. Who's gonna love you like me?" She couldn't answer, just stared at the floor.

"Who's gonna fuck you like me?" She felt her breath hitch.

"Yeah baby, you could find someone to love you, no doubt. But not like me." Her head was spinning and she had to get out of this house, now. He was fucking with her emotions. Even though she was so sure about leaving him. Now she just didn't know.

"I'm leaving now." She said before opening the door, the sound of the rain immediately entering their ears.

"Yeah, but you'll be back." He said. She dashed out the house, closing the door and forgetting her jacket.

XXXXXX

Ok so i almost cried while making this but I hoped you liked it😘. If anyone wants one, my inbox is always open.