The Nightmare Hast Returned

Nightmare Moon stood in front of Celestia evilly cackling. Celestia gasped. In a flash she was sentenced to the sun. Horrified by the heat, Celestia managed to stay alive using a special spell specifically for preventing her from burning. Nightmare Moon grinned. "Time for my grand entrance. I sure do hope the ponies havn't forgotten about me." She smirked.

Nightmare Moon suddenly appeared in a flash on the balcony. Glaring at the ponies, she evilly cackled as her starry mane swirled around the entire room. Everypony stared at her in horror and shocked. Nightmare Moon glared at them. With a evil smile she spoke, " Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your precious, little sun-loving faces." "What did you do to our princess?" Screamed Rainbow Dash as she tried to fly up to Nightmare Moon. Applejack quickly caught Rainbow's tail before she could do anything rash. "Woah there, Nelly!" Exclaimed a muffled Applejack. Chuckling Nightmare Moon looked all around the room and said,"Why, am I not royal enough for you?Don't you know who I am?" Pinkie Pie smiled gleefully as she exclaimed, "Ooh, ooh, more guessing games! Um, Hokey Smokes! How about... Queen Meanie! No! Black Snooty, Black Snooty- (food gets stuffed in her mouth to keep her from speaking anymore)" "Does my crown no longer count now that I have been imprisoned for a thousand years? Did you not recall the legend? Did you not see the signs?" Sneered Nightmare. Looking all around, her eyes finally landed on a purple unicorn with a dragon on her back. The unicorn has a dark colored mane and tail with a pink and purple stripe. Her purple eyes stared up at Nightmare Moon with both fear, yet confidence as she walked forward. It was Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia's prized pupil. "I did. I know who you are. You're the mare in the moon, Nightmare Moon!" She exclaimed. Nightmare Moon sneered, "Well, well, well, somepony who remembers me. Then you also know why I'm here."
Twilight backed off a little. She stared at Nightmare Moon and gulped in fright. Widen eyes she said,"You're here to...to..." Nightmare Moon chuckled as she watched the purple pony. Smiling she claimed, "Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night will last forever!" She cackled with glee once more as all the ponies looked at their new ruler in fright.

    "SEIZE HER! Only she knows where the princess is!" Mayor Mare shouted. Laughing Nightmare Moon yelled,"STAND BACK YOU FOALS!" Lightnening and thunder crackled as the room filled with darkened rainy clouds. Quick as a flash the royal guards were thrown to the ground from the indoor storm. Nightmare Moon cackled with glee as she turned into a mist. Using her mane and tail she became a starry mist. Then she floated out the building. Little did the ponies know, Nightmare Moon was keeping a close watch on Twilight Sparkle, who seemed to be the only pony that knew who she was. Silently and sneakingly she followed Twilight as the purple pony ran towards her new treehouse library home. She came just in time to hear that the elements of harmony are located in the Everfree Forest and in her old home. As the ponies entered the Everfree Forest, they talked about the dangers that lurks in there. The Everfree Forest is a dark place, and nopony dares to venture into it. It doesn't work the same as Equestria. Nightmare Moon flew ahead and watched their every move. She must make sure that they are stopped before they get to the elements of harmony. She watched as the rainbow colored pony with blue fur tells a creepy tale of the Everfree. In the right moment, Nightmare Moon slipped through the crack of the cliff they were walking on and flew away watching as the two unicorns and two earth ponies fall to their doom. The two pegasi gasped and quickly lept into action saving both the pink earth pony with a giant messy pink mane, Pinkie Pie, and also the beautiful glowing white unicorn with swirls of purple for her mane and tail. Fluttershy, a pegasi with a light pink soft mane and yellow sunflower colored fur, and also Rainbow Dash, the rainbow mane pegasi with blue fur, settled both Rarity and Pinkie Pie on the ground. Twilight Sparkle, however, almost slid off the cliff if it weren't for Applejack, a strong earth pony with mighty strength and a brown hat also orange colored fur and yellow mane and tail, caught Twilight before she fell and used her hind hooves to keep them both from slipping off the cliff. Looking up for a moment she saw Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy awaiting her orders to release Twilight. Twilight stared at Applejack in fear. "Let go." Applejack said. Twilight exclaimed in shock, "Are you CRAZY?" Applejack looked at her almost smiling. "No I ain't. I promise you'll be safe."
"Thats not true!"
"Now listen here. What I'm sayin' to you is the honest truth. Let go, and you'll be safe."
Nightmare Moon watched with a gleeful grin. Surely the orange colored pony must be kidding. She watched the whole scenario and waited to see the death of the purple unicorn.
Twilight Sparkle stared into Applejack's eyes with fear. Hesitant, she heaved a little sigh wondering should she trust this pony or not. Hoping that she will not fall to her doom, she closed her eyes and let go of Applejack's strong grasp.