Overcoming Obstacles

Twilight screamed in terror. After a few miliseconds she felt something grab ahold of her. It was Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. "Sorry girls. I'm not used to holding anything more than a bunny or two." Shyly exclaimed Fluttershy. They slowly lowered Twilight to the ground as Applejack jumped from edge to edge of the cliff. Nightmare Moon sneered in hatred. Seeing a nearby manticore she quickly struck the paw with a thorn knowing how painful it is. Silently cackling to herself she floated to a nearby Everfree tree and watched as the 6 ponies walked nearby. The manticore gave a loud thunderous roar as the 6 colorful ponies walked nearby. Rarity kicked the manticore in the face. As Rainbow Dash tried to use her fast flying abilities to circle around the manticore. The rest of the ponies, except for Fluttershy, was about to make their attacks when all of a sudden Fluttershy lept in between the manticore and her friends. "WAIT!" Yelled Fluttershy. Everypony stared at the shy little yellow pegasis, whome have walked up to the manticore. Gently coaxing the manticore she quietly whispered, " Now this might hurt for just a second."
Then she pulled the thorn out of the manticore's paw. The manticore roared as the pastel colored ponies screamed,"FLUTTERSHY!"

A few moments later everypony relaxed as they watched the manticore licked Fluttershy's mane. Twilight asked," How did you know about the thorn?" Fluttershy told her,"I didn't. Sometimes we all just need to be shown a little kindness." As they both headed on to catch up with their friends. Smiling, Twilight followed not knowing about the starry mist that followed them. Nightmare Moon was not happy. As a mist she kept on following the ponies, determined to stop them from getting the elements of harmony. After walking awhile the ponies came across a dark spooky place filled with many trees. Nightmare Moon quietly slipped throught the cracks of the trees and made it look like they had very scary faces. Silently laughing, Nightmare Moon hid in one of the tree branches. "If I can't kill them, or wound them, I might as well try to scare them away." Whispered Nightmare. She then proceed to watch what the results of her plan is going to be and how the pastel colored ponies are going to react. She laughed as the ponies screamed with terror, all except the pink pony, Pinkie Pie. Everypony stared at the pink pony in confusion. "Pinkie Pie? What are you doing? Run!" Yelled Twilight. Pinkie Pie just snorted and laugh. She stared at them and bursted into a song, saying that there is nothing to be scared of and laughter will make them go away. Soon, all her friends were laughing with her and giggling and snorting. Nightmare Moon hissed. She kept on moving forward even more determined to stop the ponies. Nightmare Moon's plans have been deflected 3 times now. She is determined to not let another one failed. Flying down the path secretly, she came across a purple sea serpent. Knowing that the serpent is very prideful of his mustache, she quickly cuts one of its golden mustaches off. Then she wisked away hoping that this time her plan will not fail. The serpent thrashed and squirmed, crying over its cut mustache. The calm river turned into a giant wavy whirpool, and nopony can get across. Soon the pastel colored ponies came across the river. The serpent sobbed and sobbed of its lost mustache as Rarity, the beautiful white unicorn, stepped up and asked what was wrong. The serpent sobbed as he told her that his precious mustache was cut off by a whizzing purple mist. The rest of the ponies groaned, and stared at the serpent in annoyance. Rarity, however, was very generous and understood the serpents need for fashion. Coaxing the serpent she then tore a scale off and raised the purple scale high in the air. Quick as a flash, Rarity cuts off her beautiful shiny purple tail, and used it as an replacement for the serpent's mustache. Everypony gasped in surprise, for they all knew Rarity prizes fashion and her tail. Rarity shook her now short tail, and beckoned her friends to continue as the river calmed down. The serpent being so happy about having a new mustache that he helped them cross the river, by allowing the ponies to use his back as a bridge.

      Nightmare Moon was not happy. Her plan has faltered for 4 times now. She came across a foggy bridge and cut off one side. Perhaps the ponies are not careful and will fall off the bridge. Soon the ponies came across the bridge, but they were careful enough to watch where they were going, all except for Twilight. Twilight was quickly caught by Applejack just in time before she fell to her doom. Rainbow Dash, flapping her blue wings, then flew across the bridge to tie it back in place. As she was about to tie the bridge in place, Nightmare Moon saw her dreams of becoming a Wonderbolt. Using this against Rainbow Dash, she created 3 pegasi that looks like the Wonderbolts, but claimed themselves to be Shadowbolts. They bragged about how they are the best beyond the Everfree Forest, and tried to convince Rainbow Dash to join them as their leader, but have to give up helping her friends. Twilight, sensing something was terribly wrong, called out to Rainbow Dash, but only to have her voice covered by the foggy mist. Rainbow Dash looked down to the ground. Should she choose her path to fly with the best flyers and complete her dreams? Or should she help her friends defeat the endless nightmare?

      Rainbow Dash then sighed and tied the rope, fixing the bridge. The shadowbolts glared at her in anger as Rainbow Dash told them that she needed to stay royal to her friends. Fustrated, Nightmare Moon made her Shadowbolts disappear and continued on into the palace. The ponies walked across the bridge and finally came across the old castle of the two sisters, Princess Luna's and Princess Celestia's old castle.