[2] Survive

Her brown eyes stare back at me, that devilish smile still playing at her lips. She raises an eyebrow at me before taking a few steps towards me. She hasn't changed a bit from what I can remember of our time together in the lab other then her looks. I glance at her, the tight black tank top that shes wearing couldn't get any tighter along with the tight black skinny jeans and the black leather boots.

"You look a lot different." Athena speaks up, "The metal works. It makes you look hotter. If that's even possible."

I narrow my eyes at her. I'm not in the mood for any of her games right now. "What are you doing here?" I ask annoyed with her being here in my presence.

"I just wanted to see how my other half was doing." Athena jokes moving closer to me, she runs her hands up and down my chest, a smirk tugging on her lips.

I grip her wrist tightly, enough to leave a bruise on her creamy white flesh. She opens her mouth, a light laugh escaping her lips as she looks up at me through her long dark lashes. I release her from my firm grip, my mouth staying in a straight line.

I take a couple of steps towards her not knowing how to react. It's been eight years since I've seen her and because I got my memory wiped I don't know if I can trust her. The flashbacks that I've been getting are hit and miss, and even then knowing that my dad was involved, I have my doubts.

"Cat got your tongue?" Athena ask, plopping down onto my couch, and setting her boots onto my five hundred dollar coffee table.

I cross my arms over my chest as I stare at her. "What are you doing here in New York?" I challenge her, removing her feet from my coffee table. She rolls her eyes at me. "You were on the run. What happened?"

"I wanted to come home. See how you were doing." She states, leaning back into my grey and blue couch pillows.

I shake my head at her, "your lying."

"How did you know I'm lying?" she ask as she looks up at me.

"I didn't," I whisper turning my back on her, "but I do now."

"Cute." Athena answers, "Does it work on Natasha that mood of yours. Is that what gets her hot and heavy for you."

I close my eyes as she mentions her name. I suck in a deep breath before turning around to glare at her.

"Oh," Athena buzzes, "did I hit a nerve?"

"Don't talk about her." I say through gritted teeth.

"Calm down Eden." Athena delivers getting up from the couch. "Your acting like a girl on her period. Did you get yours today?"

I rush at Athena with full speed slamming her into the brick wall, causing a boisterous bang against the wall. I wrap my large hand around her neck, she smiles up at me. And she knows that she hit a nerve. A big one.

"Is it a sore subject?" She challenges, tilting her head to the left as she runs her finger over the metal half of my face. "Natasha and you."

I slam her back into the wall. Bricks cracking around her, and this time I tighten my grip around her neck with a lot more force.

"You've gotten rougher. Sexy." Athena responds, removing my hand from around her neck with such a vicious effort that no human could withstand.

I shove her back into the wall without any strength put into it. I take a couple of steps back, snarling at her. "Don't... don't talk about her. You know nothing about her. Us."

Athena laughs. And I roll my eyes at her attempt to find amusement in any of this. None of this... none of this is funny.

"Do you even remember?" Athena adds, "Do you even remember what happened in the lab?"