[4] Luke

8 Months Ago

There's a loud knock at the door, my eye looking down at my watch that hangs on my wrist. It reads 11:30 P.M., I run my fingers through my hair. I walk towards the front door, not bothering to look through the small little hole in the middle of the door to see who it is. I swing the door open, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. My eyes widen when I see her standing there a look of panic across her face as I let her in immediately.

She cradles something close to her chest and then I realize it's Luke. He sleeps peacefully against her. I glance up up at her, her eyes full of tears as she continues to hold him closely. She completely soaked to her bones. A diaper bag in hand.

"Carol," I whisper not knowing what do say as I take the diaper bag from her hand."Let's get you some clothes and a warm shower."

She just nods, keeping quiet as I sit the diaper bag next to the couch. Walking towards the back of the apartment, motioning her to follow.I flip the switch upwards, the light coming on immediately. I open my top drawer, pulling out a soft black sweater and a pair of dark grey sweat pants. I go to hand them to her but then stop when I see Luke in her arms.

I stumble towards the bathroom turning on the light before searching through the cabinet door, pulling out two freshly white towels. I set the two towels on the extra space near the sink along with the clothes I pulled for her. Her face is pale, all the blood gone from her face. Something must have happened or she wouldn't be here. I look down at the floor , wishing Sarah was here to help me in this situation.

"All leave you to take your shower." I reply tiredly, reaching towards Luke.

"Thank you." Her voice is small but is genuine.

Without hesitation she hands him to me. I give her a light nod before exiting the bathroom and heading towards the other room. For the first time in eight months since Sarah's died, I actually smile. I glance down at the tiny body that's in my hands, he's gotten so much bigger since I first saw him. His bluish green eyes light up as he coos. I sit down on the couch as I wait for Carol to finish in the shower so she can tell me whats going on.

After five minutes of sitting I finally decide to get up and show Luke the view of New York from the huge glass window that covers half of the wall. I point towards a couple of buildings, Luke cooing every now and then and for a minute I forget all that has happened. That it's just us two. I hear the sound of footsteps against the hardwood floor pulling me back into reality. I stare out the window before turning to glance over my shoulder. Carol standing a couple of feet away from me wearing a small smile.

"He likes you." She voices as she takes a seat on the couch.

"What are you doing here?" I challenge, looking back down at Luke, who is now safely asleep in my arms. "How did you know where to find me?"

"I need your help." Her eyes looking me up and down. Like she's studying me. "Your sister Sarah told me who you were and that if anything ever happened to Luke, that I could come to you."

I feel a sharp pang when Sarah's named is mention. It's been only a couple of weeks and it still feels like yesterday. Of course Sarah would tell her who I am.

"I'm guessing your in danger?" I whisper at her, raising my left eyebrow up at her.

She studies me her eyes dark and pleading. "More like Luke. Please... Jim's dead and I have nobody else."

I let out a slight chuckle as I rock Luke back and forth in my arms. A mix of human and robot filling the cold air.

"How?" I ask already knowing the answer to my question. But I want her to tell me. "How did he die?"

"An explosion a couple of days ago." Her voice is colder now, "Him and two other coworkers. I know S.H.I.E.L.D had something to do with it."

I close my eyes as I remember hearing about that  four days ago. Jim Parker one of Shields main doctors killed in an explosion accident. Along with two other workers. It was a set up and now their after her.

"Their coming after you aren't they." I sate, my blood starting to boil.

"Yeah," her tone turns small, like a child that's scared of the dark. "But I think it's to get to him."

I glance down at Luke. Of course they would be coming after Luke. Since Athena's gone and I won't let them continue the testing. Luke's the only other option.

"I know he's safer here with you then he is with me. I know that you can protect him no matter what." Carol reveals, and for a moment I wonder if that's actually true.

Can I protect him? I don't even know if I can protect myself  anymore. I couldn't even save Sarah. How am I going to be able to protect him when everyone around me gets hurt.

"I know what your thinking Hyde. That you could have helped save your sister but you couldn't. You couldn't save her no matter what you did to try to stop it." Her voice sounding closer as she walks towards me. "I need your help and I know that whatever happens that you'll take care of him the best that you can. You'll protect him at all cost."

"What do you need?" I ask, my voice hard and firm.

"I need to escape out of the city draw them my way instead of yours. I already have a passport ready and some money. I just... I just need a car."

I nod in agreement, my feet pressing hard into the floors as I make my way towards my car keys. I toss the car keys to the Audi R8 in her direction. She catches them in her hands as she makes her way towards us. She presses a small kiss to Luke's forehead before glancing him at him one more time. Tears fill her eyes as she walks away from us heading towards the front door.

The door closes and it's just us now. I reach into my front pocket of my sweat pants, pulling out my phone. I hold Luke in one arm while dialing a number with the other. The phone rings three times before they finally answer.

"Hello?" The voice is tired but alert.

"Natasha," I breathlessly say, "I think you need to come over."

Vote-Comment-Etc

A/N- It's finally here. How Hyde got Luke. This chapters just a fill in but I promise there's more to come. I hope all of this makes sense, basically Shield is after Luke instead of Hyde and Athena. And can we please talk about that gif because Colton Haynes with a baby is the cutest thing in the world. Dedicated to HPMarvel