8. Friends Or Whatever

Teecee

We made our way home and it seemed weird as hell. I had a bad feeling about something but I left it alone. "Renè! We're back!" Janet yelled. "Where's my baby at?" She asked I guess referring to Caden.

I got a water out of the fridge then made my way up to my room. "Teecee!" I heard Janet yell so I ran downstairs. "Do you have a little crush on Toni?" She giggled.

I shook my head "no" because nobody is supposed to know about that. She giggled, "Well alright. Can you help straighten up just a little while I go find René and Caden please?" I knodded as she walked off. I made sure everything in the living room was in its correct spot and all the dishes were washed then made my way outside.

I sat in the driveway with my notebook and looked at the sky. I do this every night before I go to sleep because it reminds me off my father. I still think about his death on occasion but I don't cry about it anymore. "Teecee!" I heard someone yell.

I rolled my eyes as I got up, every time I wanna think about her she pops up and ruins it. She ran over to me and hugged me. "I haven't seen you all day, where have you guys been?"

"At Toni's." I handed my notebook to her.

"Really? I miss Toni." I sat back down and she sat next to me. It was silent for a few minutes as it started to sprinkle. "Teecee?"

I looked up at her. "Have you ever been in love?" I eye balled her for a second before shaking my head. Love is just a figment of the imagination.

She sighed, "Tee, I think I'm in love but with the wrong person." I kind of tuned her out because I was staring at her lips. She's honestly very beautiful just annoying as hell.

"Tee, you listening to me?" She laid her head on my shoulder. She sighed, "you're not. Maybe I should get going because it's starting to rain."

I looked up at her before writing in my notebook. "Just come in and if Janet asks I'll make up something."

She sighed, "alright." It began to rain a little harder so we got up. She grabbed my hand as we walked in the house. We quickly made our way up to my room and closed the door. She laid down on my bed and cuddled up to my teddy bear. "Can you lay with me tee?"

I sighed because she's doing too much now. I've already brought her up to my room so that's risking Janet's trust and now she wants me to lay with her? No sir. I shook my head as I plopped down in the bean bag beside me.

"I guess not." There was silence again but it wasn't awkward, it's quite peaceful if you ask me. Soon enough I heard light snores so I laid next to her and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to use restroom and heard yelling. After I did my business I put my ear to the wall to hear what sounded like soft cries. "I'll be back later." I heard Rene say before slamming the door.

Seconds later I heard Janet speak. "Toni did I wake you? Okay, good. We got into it because he left Caden home alone, but apparently it was my fault because I didn't bring him with me. He left right before I called you. I'll let you go though, I love you hun."

I walked out of the bathroom and laid on my bed. Rene is one annoying, low life bitch. I shook Aaliyah to wake her up. She looked at me then went right back to sleep.

-

"Tee?" I looked up at Aaliyah from the bean bag. "When did you get that tattoo on your shoulder blade?"

I got that when I was thirteen I wanted Monica to know I wasn't going to listen to her , but she never noticed it. I mouthed "thirteen" to her.

"Did it hurt?" Doesn't this girl have an "album" why is she always here? I shook my head "yes". She smiled at me all awkwardly so I made my way out the room. I went downstairs to see Janet rocking Caden to sleep.

I just went back upstair because I didn't want to wake him. When I made it back to my room I saw her looking through my photo albums. I plopped on the bean bag and waited until she was done.

"Is this your mother? She  beautiful!" She showed me a picture of Monica. Hell no!

I shook my head 'no'. "Oh..." She said. Monica told me my mother died durning labor but I believe nothing she says. "I know this is your dad you look just like him!" She smiled wide like she knew him all her life. I smiled a little because I do look just like him.

"You guys have beautiful eyes."  She looked up from the book at me. I just acted like I didn't hear her. She set the book down before sitting next to me on the bean bag. "It's nice to have a friend outside of school." She held my hand and I let her because it felt somewhat comforting.

It does feel nice to not be judged for being mute. I can't say how I feel and yet she's fine with that. "What made you like girls?" She asked or of nowhere.

I looked at her like she was crazy before shrugging. I've always been fascinated by girls. I tried to encoubte with one of the boys in my group home but that was a total disaster.

I wanted to ask her why but it felt kind of weird. "Teecee!" I heard Janet yell. We both jumped up and she quickly ran in the bathroom. I laid on the bed and pretended to be sleep as she walked in.

She lightly shook me, " sweetie, I'm going to rehearsal. I'll be back around midnight I need you to watch Caden for me."

I shook my head 'okay' before she gave me a kiss on the cheek.  She walked out the room causing me to let out a breathe I didn't even realize I was holding. The things I'm doing for this damn friendship.