Chapter 15: Shopping Divulges Secrets

As we walk out of the orphanage, I take my son's hand and carry my daughter while Damien replaces Nick at my side. Nick doesn't seem too upset about it, but he still stands close to me as we pose for the paparazzi. I smile feeling free and happy. I even tickle Samyra when she refuses to smile for the pictures. Telo stops hiding behind me after one of the reporters bends down to give him a cute teddy bear.

"She's my new mommy!" he yells into the microphone in perfect English. I feel so proud of him as he runs back to me to show me the stuffed bear. "Mamá," Sammy whimpers as the flashing cameras blind her. I hug her closer and hurry to the waiting limo. Damien gives me a quick parting hug when his mother orders him to, before he gets into the other limo. Chazzy, Nick, and I are taking the children with us as we shop.

"So, how do you feel mommy?" Chazzy mocks, imitating the annoying reporters. "Are you worried about being a mother? Does this mean you and Damien have fixed all your problems? Do you still plan on having biological children? Will the children have a part in your wedding? Are you adopting because you can't have your own children?"

"Enough!" I yell at her, my head hurting from my frequent migraines. She doesn't take it hard though, as she smiles at Sammy. "I've had enough of those questions. I'm ready for a relaxing shopping spree!"

"Hear, hear!" Chazzy agrees making Nick laugh. His blue eyes are dancing as he holds my son on his lap. Sammy claps happily, giggling.

"Have you thought about the designs for their rooms? Who's going to be their nanny?" Nick asks suddenly. "You know I could always help get the nursery ready."

"You're such a downer Nick! But, I think Telo and I agreed on an airplane theme for his room and Sammy wants a jungle theme with mucho animales." Sammy growls at me and we all laugh.

"Silly sister!" Telo adds making us laugh even harder. We're still laughing as we pull up to the largest shopping mall in the area. It's three stories and absolutely massive, much bigger than anything we have back home. Chazzy pulls me towards it as Nick follows with Telo.

"Where do we begin?" I ask Chazzy totally overwhelmed as I just stare at the entrance.

"Why don't we start with the kids since they're going back with Nick in a couple hours? After that we'll go dress shopping and find some absolutely gorgeous jewelry. We can eat and shop for everyday clothes after that. Then, if we have time, we'll buy whatever else we need and, of course, shoes!"

"Sounds good to me!" I say. Nick follows us as we travel from store to store. He leaves with the children after a little while. I hate leaving them. I beg him to just let them stay with me, but they need a nap and Damien is supposed to watch them for a little while that afternoon.

At the end of the day, we have to call two extra limos to help take all of our stuff back to the castle. I bought a ton of clothes, jewelry, and shoes. I even bought some more furniture, now that I am to have a new office and hang out room. Chazzy bought some things, but nothing compared to me. I also bought a whole bunch of things for the children. At the last moment, Chazzy convinced me to buy a maternity dress and an outfit for both genders of newborn babies. I think its wishful thinking, but tonight they'll lie out on the chair next to my bed.

When we arrive back, I help put away all of the things before passing out on my bed exhausted. I wake with my mystery man sitting next to me. He must've found the mask on my dresser because he now has it on. I smile sleepily at him, causing him to smile back as he moves over to my side. He wraps his arm tightly around my shoulders as we lean back against the pillows. He gently kisses the top of my head as I close my eyes feeling our spirits merge into one.