Chapter 4

Nick Jonas - Jealous

I see Ry's face redden with anger and I barely have time to register the punch to Julius' stomach that sends him to the floor.

"Ry!!!"

Ry's face doesn't change and keeps it's harsh look as he walks toward Julius and hits him in the stomach again and again. Soon, the I see blood on my carpet and I shriek, pulling at Ry's shirt. He doesn't give way, instead, he pushes me away. I then see Julius stand up slowly as he faces Ryder in rage. It's then that I remember that Julius has stronger arms than Ry (since he's on the football team). My eyes widen as I see Julius punch Ry 1, 2, 3 times. It's not close to the number of punches Ry has thrown, but it creates the same amount of damage with Ryder on the floor. My mind suddenly clears from shock and I put myself between the 2 boys.

"Enough!!!" I yell. There's a moment of silence with sweat, panting, and fury before I start talking again. "Both of you, get out of my room!!!" The 2 boys glare at each other for a moment before leaving the room. I sigh in annoyance as I look at the mess in my bedroom (I told you that my life is a bunch of sighs!). As I clean the room (wiping the blood before it dries, fixing the tabletop, standing the chair up, etc), I hear arguing in the living room. Thankfully, there's no sound of groans or punches being thrown around. I quickly finish cleaning in case something happens (boys are so restless). When I finish, I look around at my room and rub my temples, mentally exhausted. I then head out of my room to see Ry on the couch glaring at the wall while Julius is looking at the shelf that holds me and my dad's trophies. My dad is in the NASA team and was the one to make a breakthrough with the first working rocket fuel that didn't blow people up. The fuel with potassium killed everyone (heated potassium = pure oxygen = explosion within contact of sugar). My trophies are very different from my dad's. They're trophies and medals I won in music competitions, mostly singing ones. I blush as Julius looks up at me, shocked and surprised. I don't know why I keep blushing. It's not like it matters to him.

"I knew you sang but..." Julius trails off, staring at me. My face seems to heat up and I look at the wall, the sofa, Ryder, anything but Julius. He frowns, "But I didn't know you were that good. That you won more than 10 competitions."

I shrug, trying to pretend it's nothing despite the drop of sweat trailing on the back of my neck and the emotions scattering in my head, making my heart beat louder and louder. I wonder if he can hear it. 

"Ahem," Ryder clears his throat, bringing all attention to him. "So, why did you come here?" he asks Julius pointedly, leaving no doubt that he is jealous. 

"I wanted to see Autumn. What's wrong with visiting a friend?" Julius answers, narrowing his eyes.

Ry scoffs, "Since when were you friends? I thought that you didn't even know her." He shakes his head, not believing Julius' answer. The tension in the air is thick enough to cut with a knife and I step between them, worried that another fight might erupt. 

"Enough. Julius, go home. I'll talk to you tomorrow." I say sternly, not wanting any more trouble between the two athletes. To my surprise, Julius simply nods and walks to the front doors. I look back at Ryder, who is smiling smugly at Julius, thinking he's won.

"Ry, why did you punch him? It's not like he was gonna hurt me or something."

"He was in your house."

So?"

"So..." Ry thinks, trying to find an excuse for picking a fight with the scrawny yet strong boy named Julius. 

"Ryder. Tell me the truth. Why did you hit him?" Ryder's face contorts to anguish, obviously contemplating whether to tell me or not. 

"I was jealous. Okay? I've love you..."

*Author's note: DUN DUN DUN!!! Anyway, I might add another character into the story. I dunno. Whatever...