Chapter 16

I woke up, gasping for air. It was cold, damp, as if I was underground. I smelled the faint scent of blood and rust, but I couldn't see anything. I found you. Those three words kept ringing in my ears with Theo's icy eyes imprinted when I closed them. I kept blinking for a minute, trying to see past the darkness before realizing that there must be something blocking my vision. I swallowed, trying to feel anything but fear. My throat was dry, and my voice was raspy when I spoke.

"H-hello?" I murmured, the sound echoing against the walls loudly. I heard a groan and flinched before realizing it was probably Julius or Dad. "D-dad? Julius? Is that y-you?"

"Mmph," I heard the muffled reply. I could barely hear it, much less recognize who the voice was from. I inwardly groaned in frustration, finding myself in nearly the same exact situation I was running from. Screw it all. I had every curse word I knew in my mind, ready to fling at Theo. In my anger, I forgot how scared I was and where I was. Suddenly, I heard the smallest creak from a door and I tried to turn toward the sound before remembering that I was bound and blindfolded. My arms struggled uselessly against ropes as the sound of footsteps  crept closer, slowly, deliberately. I couldn't help but panic when the footsteps stopped in front of me, and when he spoke.

"Hello, Autumn." His voice was cold as ice, and controlled. I shivered, and he chuckled. "Look at you. So weak. So powerless. So submissive. Because of me." I swallowed, my throat suddenly dry. A few moments passed before his hand struck my face. I gasped, the sting bitter against against the humidity in the air. "Answer me."

"Theo, why are you doing this?" 

"Why not?" 

"You've already ruined my life! You killed my mother-"

"She was simply an obstacle that I needed to overcome." I stared at him in horror, only now realizing that he thinks of people as objects, not people. I only wish that I figured it out sooner. A loud bang from the room next door made me gasp before I heard a scream. Julius. I glared at Theo. 

"Let him and dad go. They have nothing to do with this."

He shook his head and chuckled. "You still don't get it, do you?" I frowned. His finger reached forward to tilt my chin up. 

"You are mine. Mine, Autumn. You can never be anyone else's." He growled. "And since I can't have you, no one can." I stared into his dark eyes and realized he was telling the truth. I would never be able to get out of here. Another muffled scream pierced through the walls again and I closed my eyes. I knew what I had to do. I opened them and looked into Theo's cold eyes and for a moment, I saw his heart: cold, cruel, and icy. I took a deep breath before stuttering out the words.

"Let him go, and I'll stay."

Author's note: I KNOW I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER!!!! So so sorry about that. I didn't get as much writing as I wanted to in the summer. I'm a idiot. I spent time watching korean drama (#BoysOverFlowers and JUN PYO!!!!!!) and watching the two seasons of Scorpion that are out (#Scorpion #Waige #Quintis WHY, HAPPY???!!! WHY??!???!?!?) So yeah. I basically ended up being in two new fandoms, but that's pretty much it. Another cliffhanger, and I promise the next chapter will be the last. Until next time!

- pinkerlina5/Debbie