Chapter 13

The first thing I noticed was the ringing in my ears, as if I was deaf. I took a shaky breath, vaguely aware of Julius sitting on my bed next to me and placing his hand on my back. I chose to ignore him at the moment, as I couldn't even hear anything besides the roar of blood in my ears. 

"Autumn, I know Ryder's your best friend, but I never trusted him in the first place. He was too attached to you..." He mumbles, stroking my hair. I don't even realize I was crying until Julius' fingers brush my face and pulled away, wet.

"He said-"

"Don't listen to Ryder anymore, okay? He's a traitor." He puts his chin on the top of my head. "I just don't know why he would do this. And who's Theo?" I remember myself and Theo in this exact position, with his head on top of mine, reading a piece of paper, and I tense. 

"Autumn?" I realize that Julius is now in front of me, his eyebrows furrowed in concern. I release a shaky breath as Julius watches me, his eyes reminding me of a hawk's. I shudder, and he seems confused.

"Theo is one of my ex-boyfriends." Julius raises an eyebrow. "But we didn't have a normal relationship. It was pretty good the first 3 months, but one day I was working on a project with my friend, and Theo assumed I was cheating on him. When I got home, Dad wasn't back from work yet and Theo was there in his place. He was so mad, he-" I took a deep breath before continuing, Julius listening intently. "He beat me. He hit me with his belt and slapped me. I didn't understand why he would do that. He didn't even have proof that I was cheating on him. He ended up drawing blood, and he ran. No one could find him, because he flew to Europe. Ever since, I've had threatening messages from an unknown number." 

I pursed my lips, realizing how broken I looked now. Julius just stared at the floor, unable to look at me. When he finally looked up, anger turned his usually kind eyes into dark pits of fury. He opened his mouth to speak, but I stopped him.

"There's more." His eyes darkened even more, if that was even possible.

"MORE?!" Instead of Julius' voice, my memories brought back Theo's voice and I flinched. I held my hands up, bracing myself for the impact of his punches. I shuddered from fear, whimpering.

"Please," I stuttered. "Please do-don't hurt m-me." I didn't dare to open my eyes, expecting the slap of leather against skin; the bang of a gun hitting a chest. When I finally opened my eyes, Julius seemed horrified. I swallowed, realizing that this was Julius, not Theo; he would never hurt me. I slowly lowered my arms, staring at him.

"He-" I paused, biting my lip. "He killed my mother.

A/N: Ok, now you know how horrible Theo is. BTW, I just wanted to give a shout out to my friend, Julius R. (I actually dedicated this book to him.) He writes creepypasta stories and his account is Jujubee33. Also, thanks for the 300+ reads and for the 11 votes (Can we get 15?) I gtg now. BYES!

-pinkerlina5