Chapter 5

Colbie Callait - Realize

"Ryder. Tell me the truth. Why did you hit him?" Ryder's face contorts to anguish, obviously contemplating whether to tell me or not.

"I was jealous. Okay? I love you..."

My brain seems to overload and blank out, leaving me saying, "Umm..." Ry just smiles, raising his eyebrow at me. He holds me in his lap, leaving my head on his chest and breathing the scent of his faint cologne.

"I've been in love with you ever since you first walked into GHS." he whispers in my ear, holding me closer as if never wanting anything to separate us. I can't help but hug him back, knowing that he's not lying. 

"Do..." he starts but stops, raising tension. I look into his sea green-blue eyes, wondering if this is why girls are so attracted to him. He can make you feel so special.

"What is it?" I ask, confused as I run my hands through his messy hair.

"Do you love me?" At this, I freeze. My mind searches my heart frantically. Ryder must realize that I'm panicking as he leans forward, bumping heads with me. 

"Ow," I laugh at his obvious statement and I raise my head to meet his. My breath hitches as I realize how close our lips our and I stare at his, wondering how soft they are. He makes the first move and leans in, our lips pressing to one another and our teeth clacking. Awkward, yes. But still sweet. I lift my head and he frowns.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asks, concerned.

"No. I just want to do it over." I lean forward slightly to make a sweeter kiss and our lips barely brush, causing a shiver go down my spine. I smile against his lips, somehow making the kiss sweeter. We separate, panting for air. He places his forehead on mine, gently. He smirks, chuckling.

"What?" I frown, confused.

"That was your first kiss wasn't it?" he asks, the smirk on his face growing. I frown deeper, an obvious arch between my eyebrows.

"Actually... I already had my first kiss before." This time, Ry frowns.

"With who?" he asks, shifting uncomfortably.

"Well... I think you already know." His eyes widen and he moves from under me. It happened last year after school. I was sitting in the library, waiting for Ryder to finish practice. I don't really wanna talk about that, though.

"I haven't answered your question," I say as he starts to walk out the door. He stops in his tracks.

"The answer is... I don't know." He sighs and walks to his house, not saying goodbye. I sigh and eat a fortune cookie, gasping at the fortune in my hand.

Your visit with Julius tomorrow will change your friendships...

*So... Yeah. Leave a comment down below if you prefer Julius and Autumn (Jutumn) or Ryder and Autumn (Rytumn). BTW, Autumn's full name is Autumn Friska.