21. Modern Mis

(WOW OKAY I SORT OF FORGOT ABOUT THIS HAHA BEING ON A CRUISE FOR 21 DAYS MADE ME GO INSANE AND OF COURSE THERE WASNT ANY INTERNET AND IN THE BAHAMAS I SORT OF ZONED OUT FROM THIS WOLRD! NO MATTER IM BACK NOW AND IN THE MOOD FOR SOME SERIOUS WRITING - EHEM...IM SORRY IF THIS IS A BIT TERRIBLE AND RUSTY BUT IM SORT OF LACKING SLEEP)

21. Boom! Les Mis A/U in modern times!

~~***~~

"Nervous?" Her father asked.

"No, well - I don't really know." Joleigh replied. She was nervous. Of course she was nervous - all her life she'd been home schooled, never had she ever had the chance to join a community of students. It was a miracle the university even accepted her! She was thankful, but the sense of fear and wonder overpowered it.

"It's okay to be." Her dad stated, turning a corner. "Everyone does-"

"Papa, I'm nineteen I think I can handle myself." Joleigh smirked, shaking her head. "Plus, Cosette's going to be there isn't she? So I won't be entirely alone and hopeless!" Her father grunted but did not laugh. Her sister had got in at the first year, not to mention it, but she hadn't seen her in a while. Cosette lived with her mother's second husband - in the divorce, Joleigh went one way, and Cosette the other - but it didn't stop them from seeing each other. Joleigh didn't hate Jean, she didn't know him that well, but for some reason her father didn't like the subject. She guessed that he missed Mama, well she hoped that anyways, everyone did - her death left a mark on everyone.

"Here we are," Her father said. "Look at that, my, you'd get lost in this campus." The building was surrounded by an expanse of lawn, in the center there was a patch of trees and a fountain, and looming  from behind this was a great structure of a building.

"It's beautiful." Joleigh gaped. Her phone buzzed in her pocket. She pulled it out and checked the message.

1 New Message : Cosette : Hey! How far away are you? I'm waiting in the parking lot. xo C

"Who's it from?"

"Cosette. She waiting in the parking lot." Joleigh began her message back.  

"We'll be there in five."

Reply to Cosette: Papa says five minutes! We're in the yellow truck, so you'll see us haha! xo J

The reply came a second later.

2 New Messages: Cosette : You still have that thing? Haha, okay I'll see you then. // Oh, by the way, my boyfriend will help us move you're stuff. xo C

Joleigh snorted, which made her father look at her.

"What was that?"

"It seems Cosette actually has a boyfriend. I wonder if Jean knows." She shook her head in amusement.

"I see." Her father replied bluntly. They turned into the parking lot, full of students unloading their stuff for the new year. At the far end there was a short blonde girl waving her arms at them. "There she is." As they pulled up next to her, Joleigh noticed the tall boy standing awkwardly next to her sister. Must be the boyfriend. She mused. Cosette greeted her with a tight hug which Joleigh returned happily. 

"I'm so happy you're here, Joli!" She squealed, tugging her hand. Cosette motioned at the freckled boy. "This is Marius. Marius, this is my beautiful older sister - she'll be in you're level." Marius was good looking, with short auburn hair and nervous green eyes.  

"Nice to meet you, Joleigh." His voice was gentle and low. 

"You too." Joleigh smiled. After Cosette greeted her biological father and introduced a confused Marius (yes, the family was in quite a mix up), Joleigh began to unload her stuff. Marius lifted the boxes as the girls rolled her two suitcases.