Chapter 5

My eyes fluttered open as I hear my alarm blaring out it's annoying noise. Then I remembered the guy from last night and sighed, I have to keep them safe. I have to keep three people safe. Then it clicked its Friday! I quickly changed into a pair of black skinny jeans, a grey nike shirt, and my navy blue vans. I quickly ate an apple and grabbed a breakfast bar. I grabbed my backpack, skateboard, and slipped a pocket knife in my shoe. I rode to school eating my bar. I arrived and I went to my locker, I quickly grabbed my things and walked to class. I got there and waited. As soon as I saw Austin come in I sighed in relief.

"Someone's happy to see me," he said,"Nope I just needed to ask if I was going to your house," I said,"Well you can," then i remembered,"Do you think you could drive by my house really quick though, I forgot my papers there," he nodded and the teacher started his lecture on whatever. I wasn't paying attention, I was thinking. Thinking about who 'boss' is and why he wants me. Soon enough the bell rang and I said my goodbye to Austin and headed to my next class.

Finally it's lunch the past classes were hell. All the teachers did was lecture and once they were done we would do a worksheet, then we did nothing so, when I finished I sat there. It was torture because one I had no one to talk to and two everyone was staring at my face, my scar really.

Since my experience with the cafeteria yesterday didn't go good, I headed to the roof. I put my headphones on and listened to music. The bell rang waking me up from my nap. I guess I fell asleep. I looked to my left then to my right and notice a small peice of paper that said my name on it. I grabbed it and opened it, it read.

You better watch out you never know when one of us will come out. If I were you I would keep an eye on that friend of yours.- S

Who the hell is S? I put it in my pocket and ran to my locker. I got there, quickly grabbed my things for gym and ran to the changing rooms. I changed, then left the changing rooms where most guys were just talking and stretching. Some girls were out but they were just flirting with the guys. I rolled my eyes and went into a far corner.

When the bell finally rang signaling gym was over I walked to the changing rooms, changed and went to my locker. I grabbed my backpack, skateboard, and headed towards Austin's car. When I finally got there he was leaning against his car and on his phone. I cleared my throat and he looked up,"Ready?" I nodded my head and got in the passenger seat. He drove off towards my house. When we arrived I took off my seatbelt and asked," You want to come in?" He nodded and we left his car heading towards my door. When we got there I noticed a small note on the door and it read.

You better be preparing I have eyes everywhere. If I were you I would spend more time training then I would you hanging out with that guy. Also you got my guy good although he got your cheek and thigh, though they make you look even more dangerous.
- S

I snatched it off the door," What's that?" Austin asked," Nothing just a note from my parents," I said. He nodded and I unlocked my door. I ran to my room and grabbed the research off from my desk and my hand gun, putting it in my shoe, and ran back downstairs. I noticed Austin looking at pictures of me and my parents. He was looking at one specifically. My dad was taking the picture, I was smiling showing my teeth, and my mom was smiling also. We went to the amusement park, me and my dad rode on a roller coaster. My mom didn't since, she's afraid of them. We had so much fun, just us. I was ten at the time and I wish I had more moments like that.

I wiped my face of emotion and cleared my throat. "Let's go," I said and walked past him. I got to the door and opened it. I walked to his car and got in, it wasn't long until he came and started driving. We got to his house and he parked in the driveway, we didn't move. "What's wrong," he asked,"Nothing," I lied,"I know your lying,","Good for you," I got out his car and waited for him to get out. He finally got out and walked to the door and I followed behind him. We got into his house and I followed him to I'm guessing the living room since, it had a flat screen tv, three couches in an L shape, and a coffee table.

I saw his mom in here and waved, she waved back. "Hi Melissa," I said,"Hi Lesley,","Well, we will be in my room if you need us," Austin chipped in then, led us towards his room. We started working on our project and discussing how we were going to be doing it.

When we finished for the day it was still pretty early. "What was up with you earlier?" He asked. "Nothing,","Bullshit,","I'm going to the bathroom," I get up and head for the door but, he grabs my arm,"Let go," I grit my teeth. "No something is wrong tell me," he demands,"Nothing is wro-" I get cut off by him putting his lips on mine. He kissed me and I kissed back. Our lips moved in sync while I had my arms wrapped around his neck and he had his arms on my waist. I got back to my senses and remembered shit. I push him back with my arms and he lets go. "What the hell!" I said,"I'm sorry I just had to shut you up something is wrong but your not telling me," I ignored him and grabbed my things. I ran out of his door and down the stairs. I ran passed Melissa who was holding James. "Honey, where are you going?" I ignored her and ran out the door. I put down my skateboard and rode home. When I got there I opened my door to find my whole house trashed. I stood there open mouthed. I heard a car drive behind me but I ignored it.

I stepped into my house slowly. I looked around and made sure no one was hiding or about to attack. I lifted up my leg, grabbed my gun, turned around, and pointed it at the person behind me. "Hey! Watch out it's me," I heard a deep male voice say. I looked up and saw Austin standing there with his hands up and his eyes wide. My own eyes widened and I lowered my gun, putting it back in my shoe. "What the hell are you doing here?" I asked,"I w-was just g-gonna check up on y-you," he stuttered. I sighed and started pacing. "What the hell happened to your house," he asked,"I don't know," I lied. It's obvious that the people who are sending me those notes are the people who did this.

"What's this?" I heard Austin mutter. I turned to him and saw him holding a note that had my name on it. My eyes widened and I snatched it from him. He gave me a confused look but he let it be. I put the note in my back pocket and looked around. I sighed and rubbed my temples,"Can you leave so I can sort this out?" I asked and pointed toward the mess. He nodded and left without saying a word. I waited a couple minutes before I grabbed the note and started reading it.

You have 5 days to prepare. This is a warning and if I were you I would make sure Austin doesn't  get any where near that fight you wouldn't want him to get hurt. - S

How does he know that it's Austin? Fuck this if going to be harder than I thought. I shook my head and headed to my room. I changed into blue fluffy shorts and a black tank top. I crawled into bed and almost instantly I fell asleep.