Chapter 10

I feel something wet on my hand and I feel it being held. I try to open my eyes, but thy feel as if there's a million bricks on them. I keep on trying until I finally get them open. The first thing that I see is a blinding white light. I groan and close my eyes again.

"Are you okay? Lesley please open your eyes," I hear a voice beg. I open my eyes ad I squint. Soon enough my eyes adjust and I can see clearly. I look over to my right and notice that Austin is towering over me with worried eyes. I also see that his eyes are red and he has tear stains on his cheeks.

"Where am I?" I ask as I look over the room. The walls are a light blue color and the ceiling is a white color. There are two chairs in front of me and a pull out couch on my left. Austin was sitting on a chair that was placed on my right.

"You're at the hospital," he says. I look over at him confused. "Why are we at the hospital?" I ask. "You got shot on the stomach and shoulder," he says. Then everything came back to me. I shot up of bed, but stopped as I felt pain shoot up my stomach. I looked down and lifted up my gown, with my good arm, and stopped once I saw a big white patch with blood on it.

"How long have I been here?" I ask. "A week," I look over at him with wide eyes. "Are you serious?","Yeah, somebody had to give you a blood because you lost so much," he says. "Who?" I ask. He opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted as the door opened and laughter filled the silence. Melissa, James, and I recognized the other guy when I was being held by him. The other guy looked healthier an his bruises were gone. Once they realized I was awake James ran over to me an climbed on the bed and hugged me. I ignored the pain in my stomach when he accidentally hit it and hugged him with my good arm. I felt my neck getting wet and he let me go. I looked at James and noticed he was crying. I wiped away his tears.

"I thought you were gonna leave me. I missed you so much," he said as more tears streamed down his face.

"Don't worry James I'm here now and I'm fine I'm never gonna leave you," I said. He nodded and stepped of me and sat at the edge of the bed. I was hugged again this time by Melissa though.

"Oh honey we missed you so much don't dare me like that," she said and let me go. She had tears in her eyes, but she didn't let them drop. She stepped back and I was hugged again, but this was from the guy. I awkwardly hugged him back and he let me go. I took a very good look at his face and his eyes were a very familiar brown color. I was confused and I guess he saw that because he looked over at Austin.

"You didn't tell her?" He asked him. Austin shook his head.

"I was getting to that," he said. I looked between them confused. Austin cleared his throat and started talking,"He gave you blood-" he pointed to the guy,"And in his blood we found yours and his quite similar," he pause for a minute,"Lesley meet your brother Ryder," I looked at him shocked. Then, I looked at Ryder. Is this what mom and dad were talking about when I saw the note? Is he the baby?

I looked over at Austin,"You know when you came over and you took out the box can you bring me it? There is an extra hidden in the bush," I told him,"What about your parents?" He asks. I tense and laugh nervously,"I'll explain that when you get here," I said. He nodded and left. We were left in silence as he left to get the box.

About 30 minutes later Austin came back with the box. He handed it to me and I opened it. The first thing I saw was the picture. I compared the picture to Ryder and I saw a lot of comparisons. Tears welded up in my eyes, but I moved them back. I moved all the pictures and gave them to Ryder.

"Is this my parents?" He asked me. I nodded,"Where are they?" He asks. I looked down at my lap and looked back up at him. I looked in his eyes and I  saw a bit of hope and happiness.

I took in a shaky breath,"Dead," I simply stated. I met his eyes once again,"How? What? Why?" He asked me. The tears came back and I started explaining,"I was ten it happened. I was sick and I had to stay home. They went to dinner. They didn't come home and I was starting to get worried then I got a phone call. It was the hospital they said my parents got into a car crash and once I heard that I ran to the hospital. I didn't have anybody to take me so I ran. Once I got there they told me I had to say goodbye," by know I had tears streaming down my face,"U watched my parents die in front of me. I couldn't do anything about it. They took me to an orphanage after there funeral. I don't know if my parents had any siblings or what happened to there parents so I had to stay there. I refused so I ran away and I ended up here and I got into something bad and that's how I've been living," Ryder hugged me an I returned it. I was crying into his shoulder. He let me go a few minutes later and wiped my tears away. I recovered and I put on a smile.

"That felt good," I said. Austin and Ryder chuckled. "I'm sorry you won't be able to see our parents," I said sadly. He smiled sadly also,"Don't worry I got you," I smiled up at him and sighed. I looked around the room and noticed that Melissa and James left. As if on cue James ran in and hugged me. I hugged him back and set him down next to me. I noticed that a doctor and Melissa were in here too.

"James get down here," Melissa scolded,"It's fine," I said. She sighed and shook her head, but I saw a smile tugging on her lips. Someone cleared there throat and we all looked over at the doctor.

"Lesley we have to keep you here overnight to look over how you do otherwise you will leave tomorrow," he said then left leaving us alone.

It was getting pretty dark, so Melissa and James went home. Ryder and Austin wouldn't leave so Ryder fell asleep on the pullout couch and Austin was on the small chair next to me. I couldn't sleep so I was staring at the white ceiling. I heard shuffling next to me and saw that Austin was up.

"Couldn't sleep?" I ask. He shook his head,"Me neither," I said. I moved over and patted the space next to me. Austin got in and I wrapped the blanket around him. "What's gonna happen after this?" I ask him,"I don't know, but for know I want to stay here with you," he said. I felt a blush crawl up my neck, but I ignored it. "Can I ask you something?" He asks me. "You just did," I point out. He chuckled but asked me anyway,"What did you do that was bad?" I tense then relax,"I'll tell you in the morning," I say ending our conversation. My eyes start to close and in feel it getting harder and harder for me to keep them open so I surrender to the darkness not before I hear him say,"What are you doing to me?" I fall asleep in his arms.