The Party Scene

Alex's POV:

By now, I was very familiar with almost every single band. Some I liked, some I didn't, but there was one I had yet to meet. That was Still Burning Daylight.

We would be touring with them in the fall, and I had already listened to some music. They sounded absolutely amazing. I saw that their set was on our stage this evening. The guys and I decided to go check it out. When we got there, I noticed how great they really were. All the energy was amazing. Their music was tight, so much more than ours. They told jokes between the songs like us. I knew in that moment that we were going to get along very well. 

"Yo, Alex, check out their drummer." Zack said, just mezmerized. "She's just- wow."

"Dude, we can't fraternize with our touring buddies. That's mixing work and pleasure." It was easy for me to say. I had Lisa back home. God only knew how long it would last this time, though. We had been fighting quite a bit lately and honestly, I hated being wifed up with someone I didn't even wanna be with anymore.

"I don't care. That girl is mine. She's more than a girl. She's a woman." He looked at me. "That woman will be mine."

Zack wasn't very romantic, so I found this a little strange. But I shook it off and kept watching. Their lead singer was very captivating. The light glisened off her golden hair. The way she smiled at the crowd and was always moving. I decided to observe her more. She was in grey vans, light skinny jeans, and a blouse. This chick wore a yellow, button down blouse on stage at warped tour. If that wasn't unique, then I don't know what is.

Jack stumbled over. "I see you checking out that hottie with the body singing 'bout bacardi." 

"I'm with Lisa." I said, though I didn't want to be. "How drunk are you today?"

"I am highly buzzed." He said with certainty. 

"Alex!" Kenny, the stage manager called.

"What up, Kenny?" I replied.

"Stop checking her out. She's only sixteen." He said.

"I'm not checking her out. I have a girlfriend." 

He laughed. "Pft, yeah right!" And walked away again. 

After their set, Zack ran off to go find the drummer. This blonde masterpiece walked up to us and started talking. She was cocky and goofy and even insisted on calling Jack 'Boner'. I wanted to get to know her better.

_______________________________________________

I saw her sitting alone later at the party, a smile plastered on her face, head nodding along with the music. I decided to take the empty chair next to her. 

"Hey! It's that Alex guy!" She smiled.

"It's that Marina girl!" I replied.

(A/N: I find this to be too beautiful. In book three they've already had a kid together, but here they are meeting. I can't. Too perfect.)

"Alright Alex, I like to get to know people by hearing something that nobody ever asks about, yet they're really proud of it. What's something like that for you?" She asked.

"I can cook really well. I just never get to. What about you?" I countered.

"I'm very talented at using chopsticks. I picked it right up when I was younger and I can pick up just about any food with them." She smiled. "Give me a proper introduction of yourself."

I really liked how blunt she was. "My name is Alex. I have a pet dog named Sebastian whom I love, and a girlfriend named Lisa whom I don't love-" I stopped myself. I couldn't just blurt shit like that out at anyone.