Circles

Marina's POV:

"Emily, I don't know. I find myself slowly falling in the more I struggle to get out. He's like quicksand." I said.

"Marina, this is a special circumstance. My usual opinion is to back completely off if he's taken. But he was holding your hand and he kissed your cheek. He obviously wants to be with you. Plus he obviously doesn't wanna be with Lisa is he spends all his time with you. Does he even text her every day?" She replied.

"Well, no, but that's not the point! I need to have some strong integrity of my character and I cannot barge in on a relationship and just take him away. I think I've found my Russel."

"Your Russel?" 

"Russel Hammen. From Almost Famous. I wanna fall for him, but he's got the girlfriend back home." I replied.

She rolled her eyes. "Not everything has to be a movie, Marina."

_________________________________________________________

It was maybe a week later. Alex and I hadn't had much time to hang out together, but we still talked a lot, like earlier, over text. I had just gotten back to my bus from playing. Colby texted to say she would out with the 5sos guys. Kianna texted "Tonight's the night with Christofer". I was excited to stay up and hear about it. Emily was out with Zack. I wondered what Alex was up to.

I texted. "You busy? I'm lonely and ready for a movie night!"

He immediately texted back. "I shall join you. Gotta evacuate the bus. Zack and Em probs getting it on tonight."

I texted him the lot and he came right over. I was searching through my DVDs and tapes, looking for a good one. The door opened. I was bent over.

"Enjoying the view, Gaskarth?" I asked.

"Pft, what? No!" He replied. 

I turned around and he was looking up. "Yeah fucking right."

"Just because you have a great ass does not mean I was looking at it." He huffed.

"Then how do you know it's great?" I questioned, arms crossed.

"Cause I've looked at it before."

I laughed. "I guess that's okay. I pinched your ass. What do you want to watch?"

"I see you have a collection. May I take a look?" 

"Go ahead." I sat on the couch, then stood again. "I should go put on pjs. You want any while I'm up?"

"Like your clothes will fit me." He raised a brow.

"Try the Ravens pants." I tossed him a pair from my bunk.

"Marina, you like the Ravens?" He asked.

"Fucking love them. Although Flacco could be better, Torrey Smith is the absolute bomb." I said.

"Why?!" I heard him fake cry. 

"What's the matter, Baltimore boy? Are you not loyal?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

He was pulling up the pants. Those toned legs really got me going. Maybe this wasn't the greatest idea.

"No, I'm just, you're just, nevermind." He said.

"I'm just what?" I asked.

"Perfect." I heard him mumble. "I'm not supposed to say that so shh!"

I laughed and hid into the back lounge to change. He was not going to see how scarred my legs were. Not today. I slipped into some Victoria's Secret sweats and another random band tee. And then my slippers of course.