Lullabies

So frustrated! I could not find the SIN chapter where is describes the clearing in which the second half of this chapter takes place! I think I put it in Pennslyvania and I can't remember if there was a pond or not so I'm not going to include one. Thank you for your patience.

*

Marina's POV:

I was slipping into some Raven's sweatpants when I heard the door close. Emily must have been back inside. I grinned. She seemed really into this guy. As for Alex, well, he had a girlfriend, and I was not about to stomp on that ground. I slipped into some slippers then waddled down the hall. I was really craving cake at the moment.

"You're very matchy matchy this evening." Emily stated.

I looked down. Apparently, the one of many black tees I picked out was Ravens. I looked up again. "I see what you're doing, deflecting the focus from you." I grabbed a matte black saucer and a fork, opening the top of the carrot cake I made earlier that day. I then went into the freezer and took the pint of hagen dahs (How do you spell that again?) ice cream and slammed it on the counter. "You are going to take this ice cream and have some girly pillowtalk time with me, telling me all about today."

She took a sigh of defeat. "Okay." She grabbed the ice cream and a spoon and headed to bed with me. We were lucky to get bunks that faced each other, right in the middle. 

"So gimmie the full run down." I took a bite of my cake.

"Okay, okay." She ate a spoonful of ice cream. "So as soon as I walk offstage, he runs up to me and introduces himself as Zack. Then he tells me how he loved our set and blah blah blah, then straight up asks me on a date. I say sure. He asks me when I'm available, and I say right now."

"That's so forward!" I said. "What flavor is that?"

"Rocky road."

"Ooh! Gimmie some!"

She shoved the spoon in my mouth and continued. "We walked and talked and drank coffee and talked and came back here and talked and talked. I'm really really into him. I'm gonna give it a little time and then go for it. God, what a way to start tour!" She took the spoon back. "What about you and your saucy friend Alex?"

I felt myself blush. "He's so easy to get along with. We just clicked, you know? It's so nice to finally talk to someone other than you guys that I don't feel the need to impress. But a relationship? No. He has a girlfriend that he's not even fully committed to and even if they do split, I don't wanna be his rerun of that relationship. But then again, maybe I'm being too judgemental. He could have a total history with this girl that has made him not want to be with her anymore. Either way I'm not gonna go for it."

"It sounds like their relationship is dwindling. Maybe you should test the waters before you call them cold." She said.

"That was a beautiful metaphor." I replied.

"Holy shit! When did we get cake?!" I heard someone call from the other room.

"Kianna's home." I mumbled. "Yo Khanna, did you bring the Colb-dawg with you?"

"Yes I did. But when did we get cake?"

"I made some!" I called. "Tell me how it is."

Colby rushed into the bunks, tossing off her clothes and throwing them in the bunk above me. "You guys would not believe how much fun the 5sos guys and I had tonight."

Emily and I looked at each other with shit eating grins. 

"What did you do? I didn't see you guys all night?" I said before Colby could get suspicious.