Hometown Heroes, National Nobodies

Alex's POV:

I was sitting there, still holding her hand. I needed to not do this. I could not fall for her like this. We packed up, and I walked her to her bus, and went to the stage. I even kissed her cheek goodbye. I needed to talk to someone about this and gain some willpower. I would have loved to talk to Jack, but he's always so drunk on Warped. Zack would probably be out with Emily somewhere. Hopefully he would DTR with her soon. I texted Rian to meet me by the picnic tables behind our stage. I sat and waited. He came soon afterward.

"Alex, what's up?" He asked lightly, as a conversation started.

"It's finally hitting me Rian. This lifestyle is finally starting to drain me."

"What do you mean?" He took off his sunglasses.

"You remember that part in Almost Famous where Russel tells William to make them look cool?" I ask.

"Um, no?" He was confused.

"Russel says to William that being out on the road, you meet some amazing people. And some of those people you really grow connections with, yet you have commitments back home. He alludes to Penny as his road girl." I frantically say.

He makes a face as though he remembers the movie. "You're not cheating on Lisa, are you?"

"No, no." I said. "But Rian, I found my Penny, and I don't know what to do."

"Okay, well to think logically, you should just breakup with Lisa. But you're not logical in the least bit, so that won't work." He pondered for a moment. "You could just avoid this girl."

"But that's the thing, Rian. I wanna spend every second with her." I said. "God, this is so frustrating."

"No, it's just you being selfish. You want your chick at home to watch your dog and be your arm candy. You want your road chick to keep you occupied and spend your hours with. You don't get both, Alex. You gotta choose."

I thought about why that wouldn't work. "Okay, so I break up with Lisa like I always sorta wanna do. Then my Penny doesn't feel the same way about me as I do her. Then what? I lose both." 

"Alex, that's just a risk you have to take. Mull it over. If you want this girl, then go for it."

Zack walked up. "You guys, I got it! I got the title!"

"It's been twelve days and you're already in with this girl?" Rian asked.

"We just clicked, and it happened. I guess Jack is the last one on the singles list." Zack said.

"Alex might be soon. He found his Penny, and he kinda wants to cut off Lisa for her." Rian said.

"Dude!" I yelled.

"His Penny? Like Penny Lane Penny?"

"Yup." Rian said. "Who is she, anyway?" 

"Oh, I am not telling!" I exclaimed.

Before Zack could tell him, Jack walked in with sunglasses and another Boner shirt. "What's going on, mi amigos?"

"I got the title." Zack said.

"Alex found his Penny." Rian added.

"Nice, nice. Get it in." Jack addressed Zack first. "And his Penny? What does that mean?"

"Penny Lane from Almost Famous. His girl on the road." Rian said.

"Dude! Shut- Up!" I begged.

"Sweet, who?" Jack asked.

I did the Shh symbol to Zack. He nodded, covering my ass.

"He doesn't wanna tell us." Rian mocked.

"Why the fuck not?" Jack turned to me.

"Because this is what Warped does. It turns you all into fucking 12 year old girls, with me having a 'crush' and all you bitches trying to figure out who she is, only to go up and tell her that 'Alex has a crush on you'." I said in my girliest possible voice.

"Can't argue with that logic." Jack laughed.

"Guys, get your stuff together!" Matt called to us.

We all got up and moving to our respective gear. We all finished up with a few minutes to spare, so we waited to go on by the backstage entrance. I felt a little pinch in my butt. Oh, please say it's her.

"Hey Alex." She said.

"Hey." I immediately broke into a smile. "Whatcha doing over here?"

"Emily wanted to come be a supportive girlfriend and watch her boyfriend play. I figured she would need the company, and I wanted to see you anyway."

"Yeah, they took a long time to get together." I sarcastically added.

"Don't I know it. I hope you had fun today." She said.

"I had lots of fun. You're a good chef, and a good companion." I replied.

"Guys, you're on!" Matt called to us.

"Gotta run. I'll text you after the set." I took her hand and kissed her cheek. She held mine until I was too far. I couldn't stop looking at her.

"ALEX!" I heard a yell from the back of the stage. "I know who she is!" Rian said.

Oh, shit.

*

Pretty short one, but its always like long chapter for an even together, two shorts chapter for Alex and Marina to mull is over, and then a long one for another action. Question: What's your bed time? Mine is normally 8:30 but it's nearly eleven now and I can't stop writing. I'll be up for at least another two hours. -LoryXD