15.

KENDALL

Kendall was stressed, and definitely not well dressed.

It was finals/ midterms week at school and Kendall being the good student she was, was freaking out.

The school had class on Monday, and then the rest of the week was finals, so you only went to school if you had a test.

All Kendall's tests were on Wednesday and Thursday, she was taking three tests.

With it being Tuesday, Kendall took her messenger bag with her physics notes and went to the local café to get out of her house. She had been stuck in their since the Friday before, reviewing, taking practice tests and reading over notes.

Although Kendall mildly enjoyed physics, it was still one of her hardest subjects, since it was science and Kendall's strong point definitely wasn't science. However since physics was so math based, it was a little easier.

The walk to the café was very relaxing, although Kendall did love driving since she found it relaxing, the snow had decided to stop for a day or two and the sun was shining, warming the dark asphalt.

Kendall was cuddled into her North Face jacket and her favorite scarf. She had a long sleeved shirt underneath, and baggy sweatpants that had Dulaney written down the sides. The pants were half tucked into her old black Ugg boots, which had water stains gracing half of the surface.

Her hair was in an even messier bun than usual and the usual bags under her eyes seemed even more prominent than usual.

Kendall pushed open the door to the café, the warmth welcoming her almost immediately.

She stood in line, waiting to order her caramel latte and chocolate chip cookie.

Once she received both, she found a secluded booth in the corner of the small shop.

Kendall's headphones were in, her playlist already on shuffle. She reluctantly took her binder out of her bag along with her pencil and calculator.

She wasn't sure how long she had been there, it could've been five minutes or five hours, but all Kendall knew was that when she was trying to draw a free-body diagram; someone plopped down opposite her at the booth.

She jumped slightly and immediately pulled out one of her headphones.

When she met the familiar brown eyes she groaned, "What?"

"Now that's no way to greet a friend Ms. Carney," Alex replied, shaking a finger at her.

She rolled her eyes and glared at him. In response he held his hands up defensively, as if he were afraid she would hit him; which honestly, seemed likely.

"No offense Kendall, but you look like shit," he said, leaning back into the booth.

"Just what every girl wants to hear; thank you Alex for informing me of something I was well aware of," she bit back sarcastically.

Alex seemed a little apprehensive about answering her.

"I didn't say it to be a smart-ass Kendall. I'm saying it because I'm worried. You look exhausted, and pale. Well you were always pale, but paler than usual."

She sighed heavily, "This is my first time leaving the house since Friday."

"Jesus Christ. Why?" He asked shocked.

"I've been studying for all these finals and midterms. I want to do well on them," she replied.

"How many are you taking?" He questioned.