29.

ALEX

Alex was not worried about this exam in the slightest. He didn't care if he scored high, low or in between.

According to Rian, you couldn't score a zero, but you could score an asterisks, which meant your essays weren't on topic and didn't contain English.

Kendall had grown more and more antsy throughout the week, but since it was Wednesday, she was freaking out.

"What if I get a three? Then colleges won't take the credit and I'm going into English, that's not acceptable, I have to get a four or five," she panicked.

These exams were scored one to five. For most colleges you had to get a score of four or higher to get a college credit for that class. The occasional school accepted a three, but Alex knew that the school that Kendall was going to needed a four.

He knew she was going to do great.

Alex, Rian and Kendall were all standing outside the gymnasium doors, waiting to take the three and a half hour test. Rian and Kendall seemed antsy, whereas Alex looked bored.

He was bored. There were at least a hundred people all surrounding him and they all were discussing the test, going over last minute things to remember, or just simply freaking out.

Alex couldn't be bothered. He simply did not care, whereas Kendall seemed like she might implode with anxiety.

"Kendall you're going to do fine. You've been preparing all year for this exam; you're going to do fine. And if you don't, then whatever, you just make up the credit in the fall," Alex said placing his hands on her shoulders.

"Alex. It's not whatever if I fail. That means I'm not good in English and that I should probably reconsider my career choice and I really don't know what to do if I score badly," she rambled.

He sighed, this was harder than he thought, "Pipsqueak, one test shouldn't define the rest of your life. You don't think there are kids going to college who haven't even taken an AP course? Or who haven't failed one? Cause I'd bet a lot of money some of your peers next year will have failed this very exam. Now, when those doors open we're gonna go in and rock this exam, got it?"

Kendall stared up at him a little dumbfounded, but she nodded anyway and gave Alex a hug.

Not soon after that the doors opened and students poured into the gymnasium.

Alex gave his two friends encouraging nods before going to find his designated seat.

______________________

Alex found the test itself kind of easy. He didn't necessarily try hard, but he did try a little. At the end of the multiple choice he was slightly pressed for time so he ended up filling in random bubbles, but he didn't really care.

The essays were kind of easy too. The prompts weren't hard, not at all actually. Alex took his time, not really caring about the suggested time restraints.

However by the time the test was over Alex was tired. He considered skipping lunch and just going home, he was allowed to since lunch was a free period.

But when Kendall leapt into his arms after the test he reconsidered.

He was walking towards his locker to get his backpack and phone when Kendall yelled his name and ended up running up and giving him one of the biggest hugs he'd ever gotten.

"Thank you," she said, he face nuzzled into his chest.

He didn't quite know what to do, so he just wrapped his arms around her and let them sway back and forth.