35.

KENDALL

Alex had asked Kendall out to dinner when he walked her to her car that Tuesday night.

She just nodded, smiling up at him.

Now it was Friday and Kendall was trying to figure out what to wear. He had told her to dress comfortably, that jeans would be fine. But she was still nervous.

This was her first date. Was it even a date? Could she even consider it a date? Did Alex consider it a date?

Kendall sighed; she didn't really know what to wear. Her hair was wet and wrapped up in a towel and she was in a baggy tshirt and basketball shorts.

She needed reinforcements.

Jack.

She dialed the skunk haired boy's number and he picked up on the third ring, "What's up Kendall?"

He sounded cool, calm and collected, all the things Kendall was not at the time.

"Jack, I'm going out with Alex and I don't know what to wear and I don't have any female friends and you're the closest thing so can you please come over and help me?" She sounded desperate but she didn't really care. At least Jack would help calm her down also.

"Yeah, sure I'll be over within ten minutes," he replied.

"Okay thank you Jack! You're the best!" She exclaimed.

Eight minutes later there was a knock at her front door. Kendall opened it, smiling brightly at her friend and invited him in.

On the way up the stairs Jack giggled as he took in what Kendall was wearing, "Shut up before I punch you Jack!"

Jack entered the room and immediately started going through Kendall's closet.

"What did he say to wear?" Jack asked.

"Alex said jeans would be fine," she replied.

Jack nodded then started flipping through shirts.

A large majority of her wardrobe consisted of t-shirts. It was what Kendall was comfortable wearing, and before that day, she never really had a real reason to try to impress someone.

"Oh I like this!" Jack exclaimed.

He pulled out a navy blue tank top that had a small pocket on the left boob and had a high neck so she didn't need to worry about fixing herself all night.

"Perfect," she said taking the hanger from him.

Jack took out multiple pairs of jeans, throwing them everywhere before he finally decided on wash skinny jeans with a rip on the knee.

Kendall didn't really care what jeans she wore, all of them were comfy to her.

Finally it was shoes and Jack looked at Kendall's vast collection of Converse and her single pair of black Vans.

"I'd go with the blue Chucks. They match the shirt and make it seem a little less formal," Jack explained, handing her the shoes.

Kendall kicked Jack out of her room so she could change. Once her clothes were on Jack came back in and saw her standing in front of her mirror, her hair down and looking confused while looking at it.

"I was either gonna braid it or keep it down but pin it back out of my face. What do you think?" Kendall asked.

Jack smiled, "Keep it down. It looks great."

She smiled at his reflection before going over to her nightstand and rummaging around for a clip. Eventually she found one and carefully did her hair.