48.

Kendall had an idea; it was a bad idea. In fact, it was probably the worst idea she had ever had. But after telling all of her friends about the, "Oh Calamity!" debacle, like all good friends, they supported her bad idea without really looking at reason.

The best way to get to Alex and tell him about her dislike for the song was to contact one of his bandmates, who would then allow her access to a show or to their tour bus, or just access to the man himself. But of course, she had to do everything the hard way.

Kendall ended up actually utilizing her Hustler Club membership, she had bought it years before, when it was just starting out, and honestly she didn't know why she kept giving money to the band for something she didn't use; yet, here she was logging onto her account for the first time in years. Within the next month All Time Low would be stopping in DC and Baltimore for shows and Kendall was determined to get on at least one of the meet and greet lists. She already had tickets, of course she did. She had even talked to Rian before the album came out and they briefly spoke about meeting and getting a late-night coffee.

As far as bad plans go this one really took the cake. Kendall had no idea what she would even say when she saw him. She hadn't spoken to him since she broke up with him. He hadn't spoken to her in the same amount of time. It was going to be so awkward. It was a really bad idea.

Kendall's friend Lauren bought herself a ticket too, so Kendall would have someone to lean on if (and when) the plan went to shit. She was grateful but also slightly unnerved. She had never actually gone to an All Time Low show with someone else before. Back in high school and shortly thereafter, Kendall helped sell merch or stood side stage and hung out with the guys, and after the break-up she just stood in the back and watched from a distance, usually leaning against a pillar in the back of the venue. It was the first time Kendall was opening this part of her to someone and even though the circumstances sucked, she was happy she was doing it.

__________

When Kendall got news that she was on the list for the meet and greet she kind of freaked out a bit. She realized that she would actually have to go through with her plan.

She felt like she was in high school all over again. Kendall felt giddy like she was going on a first date with the cute poplar boy; but the funny thing was that she wasn't going on a date, and that the night would most likely end in tears, or fights or something that wouldn't be all smiles and rainbows.

The thought didn't really stop Kendall from spending two hours getting ready. She knew it was overly stereotypical, but she couldn't care in that moment. She didn't want to look like she was trying too hard or too little, in fact; she didn't really know what she wanted to look like. That is why it took two hours. Finally, she settled on blue skinny jeans, black boots, a light blue tank and most importantly, her lucky black leather jacket. Yes, that  lucky leather jacket. Her hair was braided out of her face, but flowed down her back, a look she had grown quite fond of since entering the work force.

___________

It was an atypical home show for All Time Low. It was the first time they were touring an album that was rereleased and though people seemed to like it, it was still a weird feeling being back in Baltimore. It was nice to see family and old friends, as per usual, but not having a lot of new music to showcase to said family and friends was unnerving.

Rian and Zack had quietly been discussing how for the first time in a few years Kendall Carney hadn't reached out to them. Usually Kendall texted them first, just making conversation about how tour was going. Sometimes it was Rian, but rarely was Zack, he was what Alex dubbed a 'terrible ass texter.'

Rian had reached out to Kendall privately multiple times and though she hadn't ignored his calls and texts, she seemed to avoid the topic of meeting up for a coffee after the show, or at least while he and Zack were still in town. It's not that it pissed him off, but more upset him, he still liked to think that Kendall needed them a little, mainly because Rian knew how much he loved having Kendall in his life. She wasn't fazed by their fame or really anything. Kendall treated Rian like he was Rian Dawson, random dude, not Rian Dawson, drummer for All Time Low.