Fireworks, Part 2

A piece of debris trembled a little before Superboy's fist shot up from underneath a slab of concrete. Ephyra's soon followed before she heaved a piece off her and rose up, staggering slightly before finding her footing and standing up. She looked to her right to see Superboy rising up as well shoving off a piece of debris that landed on him. Aqualad was to her right and followed suit after Superboy removed the last piece of debris.

Ephyra began to realize that despite being temporarily buried, she and Superboy were the only ones shaking it off as if it were nothing. She stood by Superboy's shoulder and they glanced at each other giving one another a smile before glancing over their shoulders at their new friends.

Wow, they must have looked an utter mess. The sleeves of Superboy's one piece clone uniform were tattered and a little worn. The ends of the sleeves on his arms were torn, while the right half of the collar of his shirt was torn diagonal, concealing the Kryptonian shield on his chest.

Ephyra's one piece was about the same. The ends of the sleeves were torn and since her one piece left her barefoot, the ends of the bottoms were torn slightly as well. Tears and ripped fabric were left hanging slightly along the upper part of her body revealing some skin. She evaluated her teammates with a glance once more and realized they were a little better.

Aqualad only had minor tears in his uniform, while Robin and Kid Flash had bigger tears in their uniforms.

Aqualad stayed a little bit behind the clones with Robin and Kid Flash, breathing hard. "We...did it," Aqualad gasps out between a few breaths.

Robin had a hand on the back of his head, while the other was propped up against his knee. Kid Flash was in the same position except both his hands were propped on his knees as they both breathed hard, similarly to Aqualad.

"Was there...ever any doubt?" Robin asks, though despite his slightly labored breathing, Ephyra could see the pride in the three young heroes.

Kid Flash gave a grin to Robin, before they both high-fived, but immediately cringed after committing the action due to the slight pain. A groan and sound of pain escaped them both and resulted in Robin holding the side of his ribs, while Kid Flash held his chest.

Ephyra followed Superboy as he walked over to Desmond who was lying underneath a huge slab of debris.

"We're finally free," Ephyra whispered to Superboy, who gave her a gentle smile.

The smile disappeared as Kid Flash spoke, "See?" Superboy and Ephyra turned to see the three young heroes facing them. Kid Flash turned when he saw they were looking and gestured up at the sky, revealing the giant, luminescent, pristine, white moon. "The moon."

Superboy and Ephyra admired the moon, her gaze wandered a bit to the stars. Her attention was drawn back to the moon when she noticed a black dot growing larger, until it grew close enough for her to be able to determine a human figure. When the figure was close enough to see in detail she held her breath in awe. This person looked exactly like Superboy, except maybe older, and he could fly. He wore the blue spandex, one-piece, with a flowing red cape, and a familiar 'S Shield' on his chest: Superman.

She took one step back behind Superboy to allow him to meet his donor...his father.

He's definitely impressive, but so are you. She thought gently, as if a silent means of encouragement.

Superboy stiffened and he glanced over his shoulder at her. Ephyra...?

Ephyra's eyes widen. W-What...did you hear me? We can communicate telepathically?!

Superboy smiled just a little and winced. Apparently so. It would be nice if you didn't get too excited, I don't want a headache.

She wanted to say more, but didn't and stayed silent as Superman descended down towards them.