Drop-Zone, Part 1

CARRIBEAN SEA
JULY 22, 20:08 ECT

Furious? Angry? Disappointed? Infuriated?

Those words didn't even come close to describing how Ephyra currently felt. Livid was the best word that described how she felt right now. Surprisingly she shouldn't be feeling this way, but she does; why? That reason was currently sitting across the Bioship on the other side of Aqualad, in the window seat. That idiot who was just as excited as the rest of her teammates, the person she now loathed more than Kid-Stupid and Miss Martian, was the reason she wasn't as excited as she should be on the Team's first official mission; not even her new costume was cheering her up.

A two-piece costume made out of the same swimsuit material as Aqualad's; its coloring even coordinated with her superhero name: black and blue. The top came a few inches down below her chest, and ended with sleeves running down her arms veering to an end in a point near her hands. Her bottom was a matching mini skirt; the outfit showing her toned mid-section and legs. To top it off were matching blue and black boots that came up to her calves and split slightly down the front.

"We're approaching Santa Prisca," Miss Martian informs them.

Despite the circumstances she could be considered over dramatic, but it's understandable considering he almost took her chance to work on her first official mission with her friends. Not to mention their favorite bat was even going to allow it if it hadn't been for objections from her fellow clone and Aqualad. She'd never forget it...

---------------------------------------------
Earlier . . .

"What!" Ephyra shouted. "This is unbelievable!" She felt a little bad only for a few seconds when she noticed her fellow clone flinching at the volume in her voice (bad time to have super hearing). "How can you leave me behind on this," she exclaims in outrage, "I've been on this Team far longer than he has, and we've actually done a mission - unofficial maybe - but a mission none the less," she snaps. "Now we have our actual first, official mission, and now - now - you decide to just kick me to the curb!"

"Ephyra cool it," hissed Kid Flash in slight concern and fear of the bat glare - sorry - bat death glare that was piercing through the young clone. Ephyra, however, was too irate to listen; her gaze swinging towards their new teammate whom looked sick and guilty at the trouble his appearance had caused.

Their new teammate was of Asian heritage and before Ephyra's outburst, had seemed like a mix of Miss Martian's bubbly personality and Kid Flash's humor (with the applied humor of course). He was about Ephyra's height with a slim build, resembling a track runner, lean. His black hair was styled in a buzz cut which had a strangely appealing affect when adding his slanted hazelnut eyes. He unlike, the others who wore civvies, was dressed in full bodied spandex, with a purple muscle shirt and black pants, which had a pocket on each thigh, complete with black combat boots; a belt, with a silvery dragon as its buckle.

"No! I want an explanation! Why me and not him," she shouts, her tone nothing less than a clear demand.

"Enough." The tone the Dark Knight used was enough to shut her up, momentarily, but the fire never left her blue eyes. "This mission doesn't call for this many people and it's your first mission. As you've said yourself, you've already done a mission with the team and bonded. Flamewalker still hasn't had that opportunity - and however unfair this scenario may seem - his opportunity just happens to be on this 'official' mission."

Ephyra opens her mouth to object, but Superboy beat her to it. "Ephyra is our teammate as well," he says crossing his arms over his chest, "no disrespect but I trust her more than I do him," he said jerking his head in the direction of their new teammate. Their teammate's crestfallen expression didn't even move Ephyra one bit; not when he was so close to stealing a moment she'd dreamed of. Thankfully Aqualad saw it as a moment to intervene and uphold his role of keeping respect and serenity in hostile encounters.