Settling In, Part 2

ATLANTIC OCEAN

July 5, 12:41 UTC-03

"So...are patrols always so boring?"

Aquaman and Aqualad gave the young clone a look, "What?" She asked defensively, "It is boring and no one is talking."

"There has been talking; the past fifteen..."

"..Sixteen," Aqualad corrected his King.

Aquaman nodded in acknowledgment before glancing back at Ephyra, "...Sixteen times, you've announced the 'slow and un-entertaining task', has been the most talking that has ever happened on a basic patrol." He says.

Ephyra pouts and rolls her eyes, "Look I thought this would be fun, but so far, I'm not entirely entertained. This is – no offense – awful."

Aquaman sighs, while Aqualad looks at the girl swimming alongside him, "Now isn't the best time I suppose. Sometimes we find a few of our enemies trying to cross and begin a squabble or two and the action – or entertaining, as you so delicately stated – would take place, and make this standard patrol, less awful." He said with a good-natured tone, to which Ephyra smiled just a little and stuck out her tongue at him.

"If you two are quite done, we can return to the palace and introduce our new guest to her home, quarters, and Queen Mera. Perhaps before she leaves to go shopping with Wonder Woman, Black Canary, and Superboy, Kaldur you may introduce her to your friends."

He nods, "As you wish my king; a sound idea as well."

Ephyra turned her head to study a coral reef, "Sounds like the highlight of this visit." She says, ensuring the dark-skinned Atlantean couldn't see her lightly-tinged pink cheeks.

The trio swam over a few miles of water before Ephyra recognized the serene, natural, soft, luminescent lights of Atlantis. She had fallen in love with the view the moment they were far enough to get a good sight. She was given a tour of all of Atlantis in just a couple hours and remembered every place with interest. It was quite an interesting place and she looked forward to visiting when she could. The palace was quite amazing and the size of it was definitely magnificent. She'd only seen things like Atlantis in the images given to her by her by the g-gnomes, and they had been classified as fairytales. Until the g-gnomes had shown her that Atlantis was home to one of her donors, she had considered it just that.

"Kaldur'ahm, please show Ephyra to her quarters." Aquaman says glancing at his protégé before back to the young girl. "I'll see you at dinner; afterwards you'll get some rest, so you can be on time for the shopping spree." He says. "Wonder Woman will explain the rest." He turns and swims down a corridor.

Kaldur'ahm leads Ephyra down two hallways, before turning into one that gave way to an open balcony hallway that looked over a small courtyard, with a beautiful center piece depicting an Atlantean god and goddess.

Ephyra looked away from the courtyard as Kaldur'ahm stopped by a door, "This is your quarters." He opens the door and Ephyra's eyes widen as she sucks in a sharp breath.

Ephyra looked around the room, which seemed to be the size of the first floor where Superboy was staying with Kid Flash and his parents. The quarters seemed to be a bedroom with a closet and a place to freshen up if needed. The first half of the room was filled with a comfortable couch and a coffee table that seemed to be attached to the floor and resembled a smooth coral texture. Across from the couch there was coral frame, with a special type of glowing water. "What's that?" She asks.

"It's a television." Aqualad says following her inside as she gazed at the frame. "It accepts voice commands." He says. "Bring up news." The screen shimmered a bit and divided itself into circular pictures, showing different news channels and people moving around. "You can choose which one you want."