Training & Relaxing

A/N: Hello everyone. I know it's been a very long-long while since my last update. Used to wonder what kept some authors on fanfiction and/or wattpad busy and now I know. Woo-wee, do I know! Life got a hold of me and would not let the hell go. So I'm very sorry for the long "hiatus" so-to-speak. I hope not let it happen again. I'm college-bound, quite soon. I'm going in as a freshman and as long as I understand the courses and their respective criteria, I should have a bit more time. I meant to get to work this summer, but surprisingly, I feel like I've done more work preparing for college and I haven't even started any of my classes yet.

Anywho. . .

I debated it for a bit (back when I had time to even think about my story for 2 seconds), but I've decided to do the time skip that covers the time from the debrief of their last mission up to their next mission where Artemis is introduced. So that's a 3-day time skip. It won't be that long though – it just takes up this chapter and then we're onto the next mission for the next chapter. It'll be a fairly quick and a short chapter (sorry). Even though I decided to do the time-skip, I couldn't really come up with much, at least not for anything, too detailed. So this will be pretty slow and short. Not enough to make up for my disappearing act, I know, but I shall gradually make it up to you all.

I also appreciate the reviews, I've gotten over time; I really appreciate it, you have no idea. I love seeing how people enjoy the chapters, or react to certain things. No matter how short or long they are, I genuinely appreciate them and all of my readers. ^_^ It's quite the motivator.

Das is about it.

I'm sorry again for my lack of existence. . .

Onto zee chapta!

———————————————————————

GOTHAM CITY
AUGUST 7, 21:47 EDT

"What time is it?"

"13 minutes till 10," Sean replied in answer to Ephyra's question from his place on the couch. He was currently splayed out on the comfortable leather; his head on Ephyra's lap.

Sean fidgeted a bit until he was back on his side, rather than his back, after having checked his phone for the time.

Superboy, or Kent, as established in his previous and initial contact with Sean, was sprawled out on the floor in front of them. A couple pillows were around him, though he didn't use any of them. That had been for when, Superboy took up Sean's position with Ephyra, or when Ephyra and Sean both took to the floor and left Superboy on the couch – Superboy had made it obviously clear that he was keeping his distance from Sean.

Ephyra couldn't blame her fellow clone for his actions. If Sean had looked at her like she was some...what had he called it – "Delicious specimen" – she would probably be incorporating some distance too.  From their phone call the day before, Sean, had even referred to Superboy as a "Gift from the Gods and Goddesses". All three of them let it lie, since they had a deal.

Superboy was fine with Sean as a human. A friend. That was it. Sean was aware of Superboy's mindset, but was still persistent and unrelenting in holding his tongue. Thus being the situation, they'd all agreed for everyone's comfort and lack of offense, that Superboy and Sean keep distance. Sean had agreed, openly admitting that anyone in their right mind, straight or homosexual, would have trouble not throwing themselves at Superboy.

But when Sean ceased his flirting, he and Superboy were okay. Superboy didn't talk much – he just couldn't keep up as well with Sean's "manner-of-speaking" as Ephyra could. Nevertheless, Superboy didn't complain, not even to Ephyra. She didn't think he would even if he did have a complaint, for Sean had been pretty forthright and blunt with Superboy when he told the clone that if Superboy ever had a problem with him, to say it to his face. She hadn't missed the slight respect that went over the clone's features at that. Blunt was what Superboy needed at times. No beating around the bush.