The Protective Tom

STAR CITY
JULY 31, 11:13 PDT

"Teddy, stop it; we've been over this."

Ted was currently glaring at Superboy, who was shirtless and pounding a poor punching bag with his Kryptonian fists.

"Sorry," Ted began, not at all apologetic, "it's just, I recall you saying you had a friend who wasn't into your gender, and then a group of friends."

Ephyra huffed, "Yes, and did you honestly think I was going to have a group of friends, entirely, female? Do I really seem like someone whose going to cherish all girls?"

"'Course not but for once I wish you were," he grunts, his arms crossing over his chest. His gaze was still on the Boy of Steel until Ephyra came into view, glaring up at him with blue eyes.

"Ted, I mean it. He's my friend." She pauses trying to figure out how to compute the information to him. "You know he's Superman's replica - a clone, just like me. We're close to each other naturally. He's like my brother."

"Yes well, you're not siblings by blood, and even then, that type of - " he stops abruptly at the slight confusion and questioning look in her eyes. "N-Nevermind," he said clearing his throat.

"Ted, he's the friend I told you about remember? I was asking advice and a bit down a few days ago?"

"Yes, I remember, your form sucked through the sparring we did," he replied in a chalant tone while at the same time managing to sound disapproving.

She snorted. "Gee, thanks."

He have a shrug, and then realization spread across his expression, starting with his eyes. "Wait a minute! So you mean he's the reason, you were hurting?!"

His arms fell to his sides and he took two steps forward but Ephyra kept him still with hands on his chest, planted firmly.

"Ted! It's over! And besides, we've apologized, and - "

"'We've?! As in both?!" He snaps. "He started this! Why did you have to apologize?!"

"Because I was neglecting him intentionally! I lost track of what I was doing and I shouldn't have kept my Earth-name a secret!" She fires back losing her patience.

"Newsflash guppy! A name is personal information, you don't need to give it out - on Earth, in the real word, it can be considered private in certain areas! You don't just give it out to just anyone!"

"He isn't just anyone!" She shouts stomping her foot down.

"Ohhh, I know! He's someone! Someone of which I don't particularly like."

"Really?! It hasn't even been a month and you're acting like a father!"

"Damn right I am. Remember what I said when you first asked me: just because I seem more laid back, don't mean you can get away with just anything." He replies sternly.

"For the love of - Teddy! This isn't anything, it's a friend! I'm not asking to do something life threatening, just asking you - my guardian and friend - to help out my friend. My brother! You've blown this out of proportion for no reason!"