My Last Dance

"I think we should break up," Caleb said in a cold tone as I walked down from the stadium. The homecoming crown sat still on top of my head as I stare at him in confusion.
"Your such a cheater, don't deny it!" He whispered in a painful voice. I scrunched up my eyebrows, obviously confused at this point. My dirty blonde hair falling down to my hot pink shirt.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. He looked mad now and showed me his phone. It was a picture of me kissing his best friend, Tyler. It was obviously photoshopped but looked real enough.

A warm tear slid down my cheek as I realized that someone set me up. I looked around the enormous gym and saw Emma giving me a sad look, then a grin. Her "sidekick" friends laughed evilly.  Emma always had a crush on Caleb and would always try to get us to break up.

I ran away from the gym as quickly as possible and hopped into the girls bathroom. My long white skirt flowing as I try to sprint away. I hear soft laughter behind me as I'm no longer visible from the gym.

It's quiet in the bathroom. The empty stalls laying still in the uncomfortable silence. I stare down at the clean sinks then softly look up. A dark figure stands behind me. It's dark black eyes seem invisible as it's in the strange bending position, but it's long black hair flows down to its face so it makes it even more difficult to see. It's obvious to tell its male, even though it has the long hair that goes down its back. It twitches in the split second I stare at it. I scream and turn around to see nothing there. My heavy breathing starts to take over me as I get dizzy and light headed. I'm terrified to go out the door. I long to be back in the gym dancing with Caleb and my friends.   (Btw I wrote this when it was pitch black outside and at the same time my sister came into my room, and scared the crap out of me. Literally she jumped onto my bed lightly and since it was pitch black I swore something paranormal was in my room with me! Oh my gawd lawl.)

I picture what the figure looks like and think about its long black hair. Was it wearing a suited gown? I had no clue.

I finally got enough courage to open the door. Approaching it slowly, a cold brush of air slid down my neck. An uneasy presence swept through the bathroom. I look behind me and saw the clock  quickly strike 7.

"Was that clock there before?" I ask aloud as a stall door bangs shut. I jump and freeze. Opening the bathroom doors quickly, I slide out of the bathroom, breathing heavily with every small step that I take. The halls are empty and dark. Across the hallway a bright yellow janitors cart sat still. I couldn't hear the musical sounds from the gym anymore. Or the happy laughs of girls and boys. I walk slowly through the halls and wait. The presence seems to have gotten stronger.

Again, I start to walk slowly through the hallway. A faint orange glow is visible across the hall. My high heels click against the tiled floor, clicking softly making a eerie sound. My face soon feels stiff and I quickly realize that it's because my eye makeup smeared down to my cheeks while I was crying.

Before I realize what I'm doing, my hands start shuffling through my purse trying to find makeup removers. I start going through some zippers in my purse, when I hear shuffling by the janitors closet. My head shoots up as quick as lighting. I scan the small area and then go back to searching through my purse. Eyes rip threw my back like daggers even though no one is with me.

At last I find the tissue shaped, wet cloth and wipe my cheeks. A cold swoosh of air tickles the back of my neck as a shiver goes down my spine. 

Something doesn't feel right, it feels like I've spun into a parallel universe!

I finish wiping my cheeks and start running. Running as far away from the bathroom. I run and run. I run for several minutes, but then something happens. I find my self next to the bathrooms. I know my school, I'm a sophomore, I know where I am. But why can't I find the exit. I look over and see the most horrifying thing ever.

The black figure has Caleb and Emma kissing. But they were dead. The strange figure twitches and wobbles in a position, making it look like its bending down again. Emma's long blonde hair is cut off. Caleb's neck is slit. Emma's silky dress is covered with blood. Caleb has dead skin laying on his shoe.

I let out an ear piercing scream, then fall, letting the darkness take over me.

~•~•

I hear the screams of horrified teenagers. Someone opens the door to the bathroom then leaves again. I sit up and see the bathroom stalls surround me. I look into the bathroom mirror and see the homecoming crown missing. I touch my head and twitch. My eyes have black marks under them. Not from the makeup, these are new marks. I walk out the door and see the awful black figure pacing around the hallway, still twitching.

I walk up to it and touch its shoulder. It turns around and looks at me.
"So, Autumn!" It says in a scratchy and horrifying voice.
"You should be careful, next time you mess with spirits. They always come back to haunt you," It said in the same scratchy voice. I must have a confused look on my face because he said,"The dead has taken over you and now you have no choice but to come with us!"

No! No! This is a dream. I am dreaming all of this. No! I heard another ear piercing scream and covered my ears. The black demon turned around again and disappeared then reappeared near the gym doors. I stared at it. It turned around and looked at me, then smirked. Finally it turned around and walked into the gym. I saw Emma.

I closed my eyes again, but that was the last time I ever saw something with my human eyes.

I am now