Chapter three: Suspicion

I was sitting on the couch after I was at Tails and Sonic's apartment. Blaze isn't home yet, which is kind of strange because it's quarter past nine and she was meant to be back at nine. What was I doing? Eating popcorn and watching the Walking Dead. Yeah, I actually watch it, it's one of the biggest things in the world. I hear people talking about it on the streets, at home and even on social media, however I rarely check my Facebook or Twitter. It strange, viral things. One day they are so popular it's everywhere, the next it's too old and nobody ever talked about. It's a very strange world we live in reader. Anyways, I was watching the movie when the lock opens and Blaze comes in, looking pretty stressed.
"Hey" I said, greeting her. However she looked at me with a worried face.
"Hey." she said, going to her room. I for one was kind of surprised or shocked, I can't really find the proper word. I wonder what's wrong with her. I walk up to her door, I didn't open it but just knocked.
"Is anything wrong?" I said, feeling kind of anxious.
"I'm fine Silver." she said, however it didn't seem like 'fine' to me. I might have to back out of this one, it's better to leave people alone than trying stupid ways to recover their problems.

I went back to watching the Walking Dead. Thirty minutes has passed and Blaze hasn't come out of her room. I felt kind of worried, you probably guessed right now I get worried easily. I knocked on her door again.
"Blaze, are... are you ok in there?" no reply. She must be sleeping, or probably ignoring me. I really hate it when people go through this type of faze, the one where they just shut themselves out from the world. It's even worse when people can't tell you what's going on. I've been there before. When I was young I kinda got teased when I was in school. Sure, Blaze stayed by my side. I got teased for my interests and the kind of person I was. I just wanted to shut myself out from the rest of the world and escape to fantasies. Reader, if you ever get into a situation like this, always have someone by you side, whether it's your closest friend or a stranger, know that there is always something for you. If you just doubt yourself the whole way, it's never going to make things better.

I woke up the next morning, head was buried in the pillow and my quills all over the place. Looking over to the clock, it was 8:30. Probably a rare occasion for me, waking up early. I put a robe on and walked out my bedroom door, Blaze was sitting in the chair by the window, normally where I play my music. She saw me come in.
"Morning Mozart." she said, making a joke. She took a sip from her coffee.
"Morning... Shakespeare." we normally did this, calling each other names. It's how I knew we were both happy. But I think Blaze was just trying to look happy, she still had a worried face when I walked towards the kitchen.
"So, what happened last night?" I said to her. She looked at me then took another sip of the coffee.
"Oh, well, just work stuff." she said, however I knew it was more that. Blaze knows I'm pretty good at reading people's emotions.  I got out some cereal and milk and sat on the table eating. I should've have put more clothes on than a bathrobe and boxers. It's the middle of winter, meaning it's really cold.
"Aren't you meant to be at work?" I said to her.
"Nah, I get a day off today." she said. She stood up and went towards the door.
"I'm going to Rouge's" she said, Rouge is a door down from Sonic's. And no, we don't have anyone at the other side of our apartment, we just live at the end of the hall, so the end of the hall is out groups little thing. I wonder what her problem was? I felt like following her but I think it would be the worst idea and my clothes right now are kind of embarrassing. Probably I would go to Sonic's place after I have breakfast and take a shower.

I got out of my bathroom and my quills were flattened, it's really annoying when it's like that but I just have to make do. It took awhile to comb them and get them to be proper however it was taking way too long, so I just wrapped a towel over it. Reader, if you have short hair, your lucky, sometimes it can be hard to have long hair, or long quills in my case. I went over to Sonic's place but I kinda overheard Rouge's place. I heard them talking, I couldn't make out what they were saying. Before I could make it out, Sonic opened the door and was surprised to see me there.
"Oh yeah, I was about to knock." I said smiling.