Chapter Four: Worry

I was sitting on Sonic's sofa. Sonic was making coffee and Tails was still asleep. I couldn't keep my mind off Blaze, what was wrong with her? Was it something I did, was it something that happened at her work. I really hate how emotions don't reveal anything important. When you see someone sad and you try to find out what happened, they never actually tell you, they either lie or stay quiet. That's why I'm so bad with conversations, it's hard to find out what's going on in a persons life. Sonic walked up to me sitting beside me on the sofa while Good Morning America was on. For some reason, lots of things happen around the winter time. Here is some of the stuff I heard on the news- Snow avalanche, drought in Australia, Venezuela wins miss universe, people going to jail and much more. Do people just do more interesting things around the end of the year, but I'm not complaining, it was a good way to end it. However we are know at the 8th of January. Anyways, enough of being sidetracked.
"Silver, why do you look so worried?" he asked, while he passed me coffee.
"I'm not a hundred percent sure, but It feels like something is wrong with Blaze." Sonic looked at me with worry.
"What's wrong with her?"
"I'm not sure, she got home from work, I tried to find out what was happening but she just kept avoiding me. I don't remember doing anything and I just, I just don't know what to do. You know I can't deal with these sort of things." Sonic put his hand on my shoulder.
"Hey, it's gonna be alright Silver. I'm sure of it. Blaze will eventually do something about it and there might be no need to worry anymore." I looked at him, he had a reassuring smile on his face. I looked at him smiling too.
"Yeah, I guess your right, any advice is good enough for me." I said. I still really want to know what's up with her, what is it, what's the thing that's so bad that she can't tell me. Sonics apartment door opened, and Tails was there with a coffee and some cakes from Starbucks.
"Hey! I thought you were sleeping?" said Sonic.
"I snuck out while you were in the bathroom" he said, grinning.
"Yet you still wonder why I say you act like a child." said Sonic, kind of laughing.
"Oh hey Silver!" said Tails as he walked towards the couch.
"Hey Tails." I said back. Wow, I've never seen Tails awake this early in the morning. Yeah sure it was nine thirty in the morning but Tails usually gets up at around eleven thirty, one time he slept until six at night, and boy he was starving.
"Hey Silv, is anything wrong with Blaze?" asked Tails. "Her and Rouge were talking in a serious tone when I was outside the door." I looked at him for a little awhile. So, there is something wrong, but she just can't tell me. She's always called me naïve but only at the times when something serious has happened. Even though I'm no longer naive today, she still, calls me that.
"What were they talking about? She won't tell me anything?" Tails looked at me with a strange look.
"Wait, hold on. How could Blaze not tell you?" He said emphasising the word you. "The person she lives with, the person she has known for about half of her life, the person that is her closest friend in the world, how could she... just not tell you?"
"I've been asking the same question. It's probably pretty serious." I said, then again, how bad is it if she can't tell me? I can't imagine what the problem is, something far beyond that I can't understand.
"Yeah but... still, your like a soulmate to her."
"Woah Tails, don't think that's the world your looking for." said Sonic butting in.
"Well I um..." Tails was lost for words. I think I must have started blushing and my head got a bit itchy. "I'm sorry Silver, if it makes you uncomfortable"
"Oh you don't have to, it's fine." I said back, forgiving him. I was never going to be her soulmate anyway.