Chapter Ten: Bittersweet Memories

Wow, it feels weird, I haven't written in in two weeks. Sorry reader, it's just that I have been really exhausted lately. Tails and Sonic's apartment got cleaned up, me and Blaze have gone shopping quite a lot lately, since she leaves this Thursday, which is about four days away. Blaze was excited and to be honest, I was started to feel excited for her as well, even though she was leaving. She has dreamed of this her whole life, I really shouldn't be getting in the way of things. But even though if I don't tell her about the future of our relationship and what I actually think of her, my head will be kicking itself forever, another opportunity missed. It was always the same with any other girl I was interested in. I think I have the fear of telling people my feelings from past experiences. I had my heart broken one before, and even though it only one small, stupid thing, it still changed me, maybe even forever. I bet your head is screaming at me "what happened" or shit like that, well, it's about time I explained what happened, heck my memory isn't that clear of the situation anymore.

In 11th grade, the school I was in was getting some exchange students from Italy. There were four of them, two girls and two guys, and boy was I glad they could speak English. They were quite sophisticated as well, like the stereotypical French person, however they were quite nice and did act like our age. They weren't posh or anything, they were actually pretty nice to everyone. So, once they were introduced to my home room, our teacher made them introduce themselves, just so the rest of us could actually know them, and to be honest, it was a good decision to make.
However eyes were locked on this one girl. The way she talked, looked and her presence in the room made me feel, well to sum it up I thought she was beautiful. She was a Persian cat with long, majestic black hair. Her eyes were so blue they looked like they were shining. She just seem so... great, no Silver are you kidding, she was way past great. Her name was Abella Martin and she lived around the suburbs in Paris. She was actually pretty rich, a pretty decent two story home with one of the best cars on the market at the time. However, my spine shivered when my teacher said these words to me.
"Silver, is it okay if you could show Abella around the school today?" I honestly didn't know if this was a good thing or a bad thing. I mean, one half of me screamed "YES" but the other was quite tedious about it.
"Oh sure Mr Haley." He smiled and walked to the front of the class and dismissed us for the start of another school day. Abella walked up to me, so beautifully.
"Hey there, you must be Silver Hedgehog." her voice was so nice and innocent. "It is a pleasure to meet you." She shook hands and smiles, so did I, trying to act comfortably.
"It's also nice to meet you. I think I already know some things about you."
"Yeah, but zats only one part of me." even though she spoke fluent English, her accent still had a French tone to it.
"So umm... the next class we have now is home economics, maybe you would like to be partners for it?" I asked her, and I was trying so hard not to stutter or anything.
"Yeah sure, don't you have anybody else to go with?"
"No, my best friend is holidaying at the moment. I thought you would like to go with the other exchange students."
"Only if I knew them, we don't really know each other zat much." So basically speaking, she was alone, until she could make new friends, which really wouldn't be so hard for someone like her to do.

We both went to the class and took the closest bench we could find. Sadly, we weren't making anything since it was a theory lesson, which just meant completing some worksheet the teacher gave us and just talk the whole class. We sat down and just stared at the paper for a little while.
"I thought we were meant to be cooking something?" Abella asked me.
"Unfortunately, it's a theory lesson." she nodded back with a slight "oh".
"So, Silver. What do you like doing in your spare time?" she asked, at that moment I was still kinda anxious but I knew if a stayed cool, talking to her would eventually come naturally.
"Oh... well, I'm pretty interested in music, I play guitar and sing, maybe even write my own songs here and there."
"Wow, so you actually make your own songs?" Have you actually made one yet. Something like a single." she was actually interested by this.
"Well, yeah, I've made one. It isn't on iTunes or anything." I said, shyly.
"Really? What's it like. Is it dark, uplifting? Sorry, I'm just really interested in music, I listen to it all the time!" and that was where I felt a connection, we both liked the same things, hobbies and stuff like that.
"Well, kinda dark." I said, she smiled at me. I looked back at that worksheet we were meant to do. "Wow, we have to research about cakes. Don't you seriously just mix egg and two other things." she giggled a bit, it wasn't really that entertaining, I just thought out loud sometimes.
"Yes, very true. It ze simplest recipe anyone can find." We made a few more comments and got lost in each others words. We talked about ourselves. She said that she plays piano and is also interested in becoming an author. All the things she said about herself, she seemed perfect, and such a nice person. I also told her about my interests and my family. How different I feel from them, which was actually another similarity between us. Abella always felt pressured by he family. Her family were experts at business and finance however once she told them she absolutely had no interest in her families occupations, they were a bit irritated at her.