Chapter Five: Trust

Two hours have passed since I left off the last chapter. I honestly don't know if Blaze is still at Rouge's or not, but I'm still kinda worried. However Tails and Sonic still kept me good company and started being relaxed. What are we doing now? We're sitting on the balcony on a couch watching the view. We could see the people and cars walking around. We weren't in the heart of the city, but we were very close to it, about a five minute walk. The three of us sat on the couch, all huddled up together talking to each other. The three of us were really good friends.
Of course I met Sonic and Tails because they were my next door neighbours. They were really good people when I met them. When I first saw them, they were like Bert and Ernie, Joey and Chandler. I could never imagine them not being friends. Of course they accepted me as a friend and I started to hang out with them a lot. When if first saw their apartment, it was much different. Paintings where everywhere in Sonics room, and a bunch of books piled up messily in the corner of Tails room.
"I wonder what's going on with Blaze." I said anxiously without thinking.
"She's gonna be fine Silver" said Tails putting his hand on my shoulder. "She's a strong person, I'm sure nothing is wrong with her."
"Well I hope" I said anxiously. I don't like it when something's wrong, I don't keep my mind off it. The three of us were watching the city rush when the apartment door opened. The three of us turned around and we saw Rouge there, but all I really looked for was Blaze, but she wasn't there.
"Hey Rouge, what's up?" said Sonic. She walked over to us. Rouge was a bat and was into fashion and liked style and it was pretty much her passion. She always watched the pageants and the "next top model" shows. Just last week she had a miss universe party, she pretty much wooed for her teams and always said if their dresses were good or not. To be honest, I just go for USA cause I live in it, but she goes for like ten countries. Anyways, she walked up to us in her sweatpants and shirt, which had a heart on it. She wasn't really the morning person.
"Nothing, had a talk with Blaze." she said, sitting on the armchair next to our sofa.
"Where is she." I asked anxiously.
"She went for a walk, she wanted to clear her mind."
"Clear her mind off what?" I said back. Rouge thought for a little while.
"Just, something, she never told me."
"Then why were you guys in there for so long?" said Sonic. Rouge kinda looked troubled about these questions, making me think that she must know something important.
"We were just watching tv." she said
"What were you guys watching?" asked Tails
"The news"
"Wait what! Your lying, you two wouldn't sit there that long and watch the news!" I said. "What actually happened." Rouge sighed, dang I was harsh.
"A secret, I can't tell any of you about it. It's girl talk. But she's gone somewhere to clear her mind." she said, admitting. I looked at the clock inside the apartment, it's half past twelve.
"You guys wanna get some lunch or something?" I said. They all nodded.

We got some lunch at some Thai place in the city, it was actually pretty nice, since there are thousands of Thai places here. Right now I'm sitting on a bench at the park, the others went home, I decided to stay. I decided to just breathe in the not so fresh air of the city. I watched people walking and rushing to places on the street, getting to places, talking on phones and eating or drinking coffee. Has the world ever just stopped, look and realise that where they live is luxury? Other places don't have the opportunities that we do. Countries like Cambodia, Bangladesh and Africa don't get to live in houses with families and have food. It's a big difference between the first and third world. I just wish we could all see the problems. Anyways I was sitting on a bench, eating a bagel, cause it's the big apple. It was kind of cold, but it wasn't unbearable. I looked at the birds in front of me and something caught the corner of my eyes. I saw BLAZE walking on a path, burying herself in her jumper. She was just around the corner walking towards me. She didn't realise I was there until I said hi, in an awkward way. She stopped and looked my way.
"Silver? What are you doing here?" She said, looking at me in shock.
"I was just clearing my head! What are you doing here!?" I exclaimed at her.
"I was just... going for a walk." she said, thinking of a reason. I stood up and walked towards her.
"Umm Blaze.." is said nervously.
"Oh shoot, I think I have to go, I ordered a umm, cake and was meant to pick it up." she said, I could see she was lying.
"Want me to come with?"
"Oh no, I don't want to cause you trouble, bye!" she said, walking away, in a fast pace. I don't get it, what did I do, what's going on. I'm her friend, I just wanna find out what's wrong. God please, tell me what's wrong, for heavens sake tell me.