Nothing Is What It Seems To Be

"I was in love with her."

"Oh. It was love? I see now."

He looked up into her eyes. "I love you. I love you a lot. I was in love with her, but I never cheated."

She shook her head. "You just said you're in love with her! Who is she? She that girl you were staring at in best buy?"

"No!" He stood up abruptly. He started walking to her but she backed away.

"I can't do this anymore." She grabbed her purse and her coat, making her way to the door.

Tears were streaming down her face. He walked up behind her, grabbing her wrist and spinning her around to face him. He was inches from her face, his heart beating fast.

"I was in love with her. I will always be in love with her. But-"

"Quit telling me!" She wimpers. "I don't want to hear it anymore."

He put his forehead on hers. "Listen! Listen to me." He whispers intensely. "I was in love with her. She was my world, my everything, she made me the happiest I thought I would ever be. But then. Then. She-she died. And I was crushed under a million tons.

"You saved me." He cupped his hand under her cheek. "You pulled me out from the rubble, and showed me what love should feel like.

"Yes I will always miss her, she will always be apart of me, but I love you. You are my everything. You make me happy even though I didn't know I could be happy anymore. Please. Please don't leave me."

She dropped her things on the floor by the door, still holding onto him. She kissed him like she had never kissed anything before.