5 | L o n g W a y H o m e

Niall pants hardly, but a smile creeps on his face when he realizes. He realizes he's with the girl he's in love with. His smile grows wider when he hears the very loud laugh of Jade next to him. They both stop running and Niall leans his back against a nearby tree, to breathe normally and stop his pants.

"That was sick!" Jade shouts, emphasizing the word sick, then grinning. "Oh my, that was so cool!"

Niall smiles shyly, his cheeks becoming a deep shade of red, then he stutters, "T-thank you, I guess?"

Jade giggles softly again, smiling up at Niall.

Niall feels like saying something –anything, to make this feels less awkward. He feels like he just accomplished something, really. Boy, he sure is whipped. Nah, just kidding.

They walk side by side on the sidewalk, keeping a fair distance between them. Niall starts up the conversation, "I'm, I–uh, sorry if I bothered you and your boyfriend."

You can say that Niall is smart for asking this, he's testing the waters.

Jade laughs halfheartedly shaking her head, "He's not my boyfriend."

"Oh."

If Jade wasn't here right now, Niall swears he would've screamed at the top of his lungs in full happiness. He literally can't fight the stupid grin on his face, and his erratic beating heart.

He bites down on his bottom lip, his cheeks still flaming, while thinking of something to say.

"I'm," Niall takes a deep breath then re-speaks. "I'm N-Niall, by the way." He stops in his tracks, offering his (trembling) hand toward Jade to shake it.

"Jade," She grins, shaking his hand slowly. Niall's knees buckle at the contact, his heart skipping a beat. She's touching me, she's touching me. Niall keeps chanting in his head. Thank god people can't read minds, phew.

"I know." Niall smiles shyly, replying to Jade's answer. Of course he knows who she is, he has pictures of her all over his room walls, orders from the pizzeria every single day, and stalks her. Please, of course he knows who Jade is.

Jade gives him a funny look, quite confused but she brushes it off by thinking that he knows from her name tag. Oh, little does she know.

Jade wonders amusingly, "Why do you love pizza so much?"

Niall tenses at the question, trying to keep his freaking chill. "It's my fa–favorite." He chokes out.

Jade nods in understandment, "Wanna grab some ice cream?" She wiggles her eyebrows mischievously, and Niall couldn't be more in love.

It's 11 P.M when Niall and Jade reach her doorstep. She puts her keys in the keyhole then turns to Niall again. "Thank you, I had fun tonight."

Niall's heart beats faster, then he smiles widely. "No problem."

Jade says goodnight then opens her door, but she stops her movements and turns around for the second time. "Hey Niall,"

Niall spins around at the sound of her sweet voice.

"Would you like to spend some time with my friends and I tomorrow?"

Niall's eyes bulge out, and he swears he could've fainted. After exchanging numbers and all, Jade says goodnight then goes inside.

When Niall makes sure Jade is inside and has locked the door, he jumps up in the air in felicity, going down and doing a split but failing miserably and falling down on his bum.

Oh no Niall.

🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕