ii

CHAPTER TWO
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
H O G W A R T S

CHAPTER TWO━━━━━━━━━━━━━H O G W A R T S

"SO, MISS..?"

"I do not know my name, professor," she murmured as she straightened her new clothes. Staring at the mirror in front of her, she nearly gasped in horror when she saw herself. She didn't know she looked that horrifying, making some tears start to pool around her eyes.

As the professor heard her response, she only nodded and signed her to follow her back to the hall.

"Sit where you please," she said and left to sit with Dumbledore.

She observed every table. As her eyes scanned them, she saw a pale boy with blonde locks and icy eyes observing her. She kept staring at him until he tapped a chubby boy's shoulder. The chubby boy then stood up and started walking towards where she was standing.

Her heart started to beat faster as she didn't know where to sit. She frantically looked at other tables and saw two gingers giggling at her. She skipped to them and sat in between them, catching them off-guard.

"You alright, girl? You look nervous," winked one of them.

"Of course she's nervous. Look at her, poor thing's shaking!"

"Don't worry, we'll help you. I'm Fred, he's George. Welcome to Hogwarts!"

She felt overwhelmed. Talking and being within a crowd became new for her, so she attempted to smile, her dry lips tugging painfully upwards and nodded at them.

"What was your name again?" Asked George, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Oh! I have not had the chance to introduce myself yet, in fact..." she gulped, clenching her jaw," I- I do not remember my name..." She whispered staring down at the empty plate before her.

They looked at each other, thinking she was crazy.

Trying to avoid the akward silence, George asked another question, "So... are you in Gryffindor, then?"

'Gryffindor? What the hell is a Gryffindor?' She thought as she tried to think of a reply.

"Gryffindor? I- I have never heard of that house before..." She furrowed her brows, trying to remember, "I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that lineage, ser George."

George grinned widely, liking the way she called him.

The people around her stayed quiet again, "are you a muggle?"

"A what...?"

"Muggle. It means none of your parents are magical," explained a girl in front of her with curly hair.

"I... "

"Guys, stop it. This is starting to look like an interrogation," scolded a ginger girl.

She smiled at her in sign of gratitude. The ginger introduced her to everyone, she happened to be Ginny, the youngest between the Weasley's, along Hermione, Ron, and Harry.

The girl tried to remember their names, somehow bewildered by the lack of respect they had when the talked to each other, using their first names with no honourifics whatsoever. A gust of pain formed in her gut, thinking she ended in some barbaric land.

They explained that Gryffindor was one of Hogwarts' houses, like Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, and clarified how Harry was famous for defeating the most dangerous wizard. She started to feel uncomfortable between them. She heard about magic before, but the way these people described everything sounded it came out of a fairytale.

After eating foreign dishes and listening to children stories, she watched as some people started to leave the room. She didn't know what to do, so she hesitantly stood up and followed them, until a voice stopped her.

"Miss, we need to talk," said professor Dumbledore, as he stood up and walked towards her.

She gulped and nodded.