xvi

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
D A N C E

CHAPTER SIXTEEN━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━D A N C E

"MISS, IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP."

(Y/n) lazily groaned and slowly opened her eye. A small smile formed on her lips when a small elf stood on its tiptoes, struggling to see her. Her hand moved to pet his head, but his ears lowered and his eyes closed, expecting pain.

"Hey... It's okay..." She cooed, patting his head softly and making him smile. "Good morning."

"Good morning," he smiled. "The Malfoys will be in the dining room shortly for breakfast," he informed her and left.

She took a pleasant bath and got dressed, choosing one of the countless dresses Rita had provided her. (Y/n) went downstairs to the dining room; no one was there yet, only some elves bringing some freshly cooked food. The girl helped them bring the rest, as she chatted with them, waiting for the Malfoys.

"Good morning, beautiful," Draco's cold voice greeted her.

She suddenly stood from the floor and dusted herself off, making the elves run away back to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Draco; Lord- Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy," she smiled warmly as she approached them.

As they sat down, (Y/n) listened to the family's interaction, not wanting to interrupt.

"(Y/n), do you have your gown for tonight's ball?" Malfoy asked, startling her slightly.

"I brought one, but I do not know if it would be suitable," she replied, not looking at him.

They finished eating and Narcissa insisted on Draco taking her out for a walk outside, since they didn't have the chance yesterday, so there they were now: walking like a couple.

"Do we really have to?" she asked, flinching at his cold hand against hers.

"Yes, my parents are staring at us," he rolled his eyes as he pulled her closer to him.

They stopped walking, the maze seemed like a fairytale where she didn't mind getting lost in. Flowers of all colours grew in the dark green bushes, making it look like an oil painting in real life.

Malfoy carefully traced her face with his finger and gently rested his palm on her cheek. She couldn't help but stare at his stormy eyes. Her hands rested on his chest, and he slowly leaned forward with his eyes closed, calming the storm.

(Y/n) wanted to slap him for what he did to her yesterday, but she buried her anger deep inside her.

Before their lips met, she noticed Mr. And Mrs. Malfoy in the balcony; Lucius was reading a book while Narcissa was painting a watercolour landscape... They weren't paying attention to them at all.

'Really, Malfoy?'

She slightly turned her head, so Malfoy's lips touched the edge of hers.