xiv

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
A S H E S

CHAPTER FOURTEEN━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━A S H E S

"MY DEAREST PRINCESS..." she cooed, caressing her face. Her fingertips felt like feathers against her skin, giving her a sense of security. "All of this... Is for you..."

"(Y/n), come back," she heard a distant voice call.

Professor Dumbledore had came down the arena with Professor McGonagall. She covered her bare state with a blanket, as she stood reaching the sky, still paralysed.

Tears slowly streamed down her eyes, leaving a clear path from the ashes of her cheeks.

"(Y/n). It's over," this time, the voice was clearer.

(Y/n) came back to reality, and looked at her surroundings. The arena was destroyed, mostly turned into ashes, the banners in flames, people out of their seats screaming...

The two professors escorted her away from the arena, trying to evade the public.

Her surroundings were blurry, all she could see was flashing lights and deafening screams.

After finally arriving to Hagrid's hut, they let her rest before the ceremony. She gradually adapted to her surroundings once again and finally made her way to the Great Hall.

The silence was deafening. No one dared to mention a thing. (Y/n) sat down, taking in all the frightened, admiring, judgemental stares from everyone.

"Tonight is a very special moment where we get to celebrate the victory from our Champions!" Dumbledore spoke up, making them clap. She could have sworn he smiled at her before he kept speaking, "Especially our youngest contestant, (Y/n) Targaryen, who has proven us to all how in the most difficult moments the last thing you can lose is hope."

The Slytherin table erupted with applause, making everyone join with them. She saw some fireworks display her name, probably because of the Twins. A sensation of happiness ignited within her as the public adored her; it felt almost natural. Cedric was shaking his head in disagreement, so she smiled at him to annoy him.

After the long feast, her Slytherin mates carried her to the common room, where they celebrated her success even further and people tried to get to know the mysterious girl better. She appreciated their support, yet she couldn't stop but wonder where Malfoy was. Speak of the devil, he appeared behind her, clapping with a wide grin.

"Looks like saving you all these times was worth it," he whispered quietly when he tried to sit down next to her, due to the others trying to be beside her.