x

CHAPTER TEN
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
R I V A L R Y

SHE JOGGED TOWARDS THE SMALL GROUP OF PLAYERS AND JOINED IN

SHE JOGGED TOWARDS THE SMALL GROUP OF PLAYERS AND JOINED IN. Most of them were bigger and much taller than her, so the captain of the team hadn't noticed her yet.

The captain started assigning each player to a certain role. She gripped Harry's broom tightly as her turn to getting picked was closer.

"You!" He called her, motioning her to get closer. "Where's your Quidditch uniform?"

"I haven't got one," she replied, making him raise his eyebrow. "Yet..."

He sroked his chin, trying to deduct what her role could be.

"You can tryout for the Seeker place, do you know what that is?" He asked, making her hesitate. "You will need to catch the Snitch," he explained, pulling a winged golden ball out of his pocket.

She nodded, "What about my uniform?"

"You can play with those clothes, we will get your measurements after the trials," he explained impatient, making her stand next to a guy so big he seemed like a mountain.

The captain, Marcus Flint, blew the whistle and made them separate between Chasers, Beaters, Seekers, and Keepers.

"Listen up! You will be playing against the current players of the team," he paused to take a breath for shouting too loudly, "we will be assessing who is worthy of being one of us. I wish you the best of luck," he announced.

The boy next to her grunted, making her step back. Her only advantage against him was that she was lighter, yet from what it looked like, he already had experienced flying and playing, unlike her

"Good luck," his deep voice boomed while he stared down at her, making her gulp, frightened.

"Get to your positions!" Marcus roared, once they were inside the stadium.

She closed her eyes as she mounted her broom. The gigantic guy, whose name was 'Phil Agar' shot up to the air. Her heart started to beat faster, her feet stopped touching the ground, as she rose slowly. She gasped for air as it suddenly tried to kick me off, yet she managed to get into position. She looked to her right and saw her friends motivating her so she flashed them a quick smile. Phil smirked deviously at her before Marcus blew the whistle.

It all happened at once.

The stadium turned into a battlefield, where the soldiers fought for their places; then there was her, trying to dodge the balls and not fall off my broom. She quickly dodged a Bludger that was close to hit her face. She saw Phil flying around looking for the Snitch. With a zigzagging motion, She flew to the side so she could have a better view.

Then she heard a buzzing noise next to her left ear. She turned to it and found the Snitch flying a couple of inches away from her. She jerked her body to face the Snitch, however Phil zoomed in behind her, making her almost fall and lose sight of it.

She hung suspended in the air trying to get on; the broom turned upside down finally allowing her to get back to position. She started moving quite fast, however, she noticed there was something odd.

She was facing the wrong way.

Phil chuckled loudly when he saw her flying backwards. She screamed loudly as the broom jerked around; Agar kept laughing at her, distracted, until he suddenly crashed into the seats, leaving an enormous dent.

Now it was her turn to laugh. She had her position reassured since Phil was now out; she only had to focus on getting the Snitch.

She stopped laughing when she felt herself dangling upside down once again, her stomach making her feel discomfort when she saw how far away she was from the ground. Blood rushed through her face, her legs hung from the broomstick, and it kept trying to get rid of her.

From the corner of her eye she saw a glimpse of the Snitch. She struggled to catch it, since it kept moving from left to right. Her sudden movements caused her legs to slip of the broomstick.

She was going to die from a massive fall.

She grabbed the Snitch with her left hand as her body limply fell. A gasp from the small crowd and worried yells from her teammates filled her ears, as they hurriedly flew downwards to check on her.

Before she could hit the ground, she heard her broomstick zooming towards her. She landed on the broom, the impact making her let go of the Snitch.

The crowd sighed relieved.

She quickly followed closely, it wasn't far off, her fingers almost touching its golden wings, when suddenly someone pushed her away, knocking her off her broom and making her hit the ground.

She looked up and saw Malfoy wink at her from above. She took her broom and stormed towards him. She wasn't going to let him win. She flew the opposite direction of him, so the Snitch would be going her way.

A couple of feet left and her and Malfoy would collide, the Snitch right in between them. However, the Snitch shot up higher once again; she quickly directed the broom to go into that direction, in which it somehow obliged.

"Just quit already, Targaryen!" she heard Malfoy mock under her, a few inches away.

She noticed Malfoy stopped following her, she didn't care- she was so close... Her body was enveloped in clouds, that's how high she was. Regaining her balance, she carefully stood on the broom, ready to catch the steady Snitch in front of her.

"Get down, (Y/n)!" she heard her friends yell.

"Targaryen, you're going to fall!" Shouted Malfoy, seeing her arms on each side, as she slowly walked until she reached its end.

Seeing she wasn't listening, Malfoy saw this as a threat. She saw him flying towards her at full speed and she did something she would have never done.

She jumped off her broom, trapping the Snitch in her hand and hoped for Malfoy to catch her.

Her body landed on Malfoy's, her sudden impact making the broom fall downwards. She gripped his body tightly, scared of what will happen, closing her eyes and burying her head in his chest.

They crashed within the walls, hearing the awful sound of fabrics ripping. A loud thud was heard when she fell on him, a thin coat of dust rose, making them both cough slightly. His neat blonde hair was slightly messy, like hers and their hearts beat furiously against each other.

She let herself rest on top of him as memories of near death experience flooded her mind. She noticed how he raised his hand and placed it on her waist.

She quickly stood up, dusting herself off while blushing at his actions.

"I wonder what would've happened if I let you fall... Don't do that again," he genuinely said, with a serious tone. "Next time I won't be there to catch you."

She smiled brightly and started giggling. Her giggles were turned into a loud laugh, making the other players land on the ground.

"I caught it! I caught the Snitch!" She uncontrollably laughed, jumping. She revealed the golden ball, earning a few claps from her teammates.

Her friends clapped from the seats, making her teammates cheer even louder. She saw Malfoy leaning on the wall, watching her giggle happily. She turned back and smiled at him, as sign of gratitude, in which he returned with a nod.

Once again, she looked back quickly, as an unknown feeling took over her.