New Book: Preview

I want to know what y'all think 😁 I gotta write some more chapters before I publish though

The Letter(Kehlani Inspired)

August 25, 2012

I sat behind the bench in the locker room balled up hugging myself. Telling myself everything would be okay. I was going to make it out of that house alive. Trey beat me bad as hell this morning and I couldn't dare go to class and into the hallways this. People would look at me like I was crazy. I threw my whole makeup bag when I saw it wasn't doing enough.

I heard footsteps behind me and immediately turned around, but I realized I was tripping. I turned back to the mirror and saw Trey standing behind me looking like the devil himself. I screamed louder than I meant to, so I ran into the stall trying to cover myself up. I cried so freaking hard. I'm losing my mind

Since the summer, my moms boyfriend had been raping me. I told her when she first introduced us that i didn't trust him but she insisted on being "happy" and moving him in with us. He snuck into my room almost every night after a month of living with us.

Before, I had never even seen someone's manhood, but now? I didn't want to ever see one again in my life. Trey disgusted me. He took my virginty and beat me and made me like this! He fucked my head up with all the drugs he forced me to take.

Nobody could see me like this. I looked like a freaking crackhead. Bags under my eyes, I was getting skinny, and my hair was all over. How could my mom not see her child being abused and raped? I honestly believe she was getting it too. But I mean, she acted as though she liked it. Like it was okay for Trey to take her without consent. It's my mom's fault. She was never there. I needed her!

I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw a tall boy looking through the stall at me.

"You aight in there ma? I heard you screaming?"

I cleared my throat. "I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I thought I saw a rat in here." I tried to sound as normal as possible and I think it worked because he walked away. If I snitched on Trey he could kill me.

I sighed in relief and decided school just wasn't for me today. I grabbed my things and walked out of the bathroom to meet with the guy who came in the bathroom.

"You wanna tell me why you look like this and why you're at school two hours early?" He moved my hair from my face showing the bruise Trey left when he slapped me last night.

"I'm okay! I-I have to go. I have to go." I said twice which became a habit of mine. I could feel my anxiety building up and that wasn't good, but he scared me and the thought of getting Trey in big trouble scared me even more.

I started walking away until he grabbed my arm making me shriek in pain.

"My bad... But You don't look okay. Come with me, my aunt's a doctor. She can help you" he held his hand out for me to take

"No. I can't. I can't" I cried silently

"Please. You look like you're pretty beat up ma." It didn't look like he was taking no for an answer so I reluctantly took his hand. We walked out of the gym door and he led me to a small Honda. I got in and sat my bag in my lap hugging it almost.

"Shaun." He told me his name.

"Kehlani."