Hello...

Hello, it's me,

I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet...

His words and letter were unexpected. I got home from a usual day of work, and checked my mail. And there in a pile of bills was his letter.

To go over everything,

They say that time's supposed to heal ya,

But I ain't done much healing...

The memories of him that I shoved into the back of my mind resurface. The pictures I tried so hard to forget, the feelings I tried to hide so hard. All of it coming back to me in a rush of emotions and pain.

I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be,

When we were younger and free,

I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet...

It's the first I've heard from him since he moved there. Across the country and further away from me. But he told me it was his calling, to be discovered and make something of himself. And the whole time I couldn't get over the feeling that I was the one who held him back.

Hello from the other side,

I must have called a thousand times,

To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done,

But when I call you never seem to be home...

He did leave me voice mails, texts and emails. So I guess it's not the first time, just the first time I've taken time to truly read something he sent me.

Hello from the outside,

At least I can say that I've tried,

To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart,

But it don't matter it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore...

When he left me, He left behind a shattered and broken mess. I loved him, and I still do. But when he abandoned me, giving me a one day notice, he damaged my heart and my ability to love. Maybe if I stood my ground more than I had, or sacrificed everything here and moved with him... I wouldn't be reading this letter.

Hello, how are you,

It's so typical of me to talk about myself I'm sorry,

I hope that you're well...

I smile at that, remembering how he would always turn and ask me if he was talking too much. Making me laugh each time at his nervousness and blabbering.

Hello from the other side,

I must have called a thousand times,

To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done...

The pain is written in ink here. I can feel the love we shared in this piece of paper, and it's almost unbelievable.

But when I call you never seem to be home...

"You still hide your key under the mat." I hear a voice say, that I haven't heard in years.

I turn around and am faced with the author of the letter. Tobias Eaton. The forever love of my life. All his physical features the same except for the ink crawling up his skin.

I drop the letter, watching it flutter to the floor and run to him. Getting picked up, lifted into his arms. Smelling the wind and the soap he uses on him.

Tears pouring out of my eyes and the feel of his lips on my head.

I pull back to look into the dark blue eyes that I've seen only in my dreams.

"You're a bastard. You know that?" I ask wiping my tear stained face.

"I know. And I'm sorry I hurt you." He whispers, his gaze never leaving mine.

"I love you." I say and kiss the lips I've been craving to feel.

Tobias pulls back and looks me in the eyes, as if he's taking me all in.

"I love you too Tris. Please forgive me, I want to come home." He whispers into my ear and I feel a tear on my shoulder that isn't mine-- it's his.

I pull back. "You're home now. And I'm not letting you go again." I say and he puts me down.

I stand looking at him and then watch Tobias get on one knee and hold up a black box. My hand covers my mouth in shock.

A diamond is revealed as he opens the box, and tears flow even faster.

"Marry me Beatrice?" Tobias asks.